xisto Community
joeymuch

Think They Will Make Ps4?

From what I've heard a while back they are already making a Play Station 4. It is most likely being designed as we speak(type). I just found an article saying they are hoping to have it out within the next decade. Right now they are worrying about the Play Station 3. They have to get into mass production with that before they worry about one that is coming after a system that hasn't come out yet. I'm sure it will be the system of the century as well as the Xbox720 lol. I don't see why you are worrying about it though if there is a Playstation 3 yet to come out.

*edit*
http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/news/200511/074.asp

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit to add link

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

As far as making a ps4 with virtual reality, I believe you mean like you can walk around in a virtual world, with images on at least three sides, then no. That wouldn't sell except to extreme gamers (because of lack of hardware support, PS's in general are for TV use), by extreme gamers I don't mean own a $4000 gaming machine I mean own 10-20 $4000 gaming machines and HD projector to play on, and maybe surround sound.But as far as making a PS4, that's like asking if Microsoft will make another version of windows, the answer, of course. If there is a marked the marketers will come.

As far as making a ps4 with virtual reality, I believe you mean like you can walk around in a virtual world, with images on at least three sides, then no.  That wouldn't sell except to extreme gamers (because of lack of hardware support, PS's in general are for TV use), by extreme gamers I don't mean own a $4000 gaming machine I mean own 10-20 $4000 gaming machines and HD projector to play on, and maybe surround sound.

But as far as making a PS4, that's like asking if Microsoft will make another version of windows, the answer, of course.  If there is a marked the marketers will come.

208251[/snapback]

you do got a point

PlayStation 4? I have PS2 and it's great, so PS4? What could Sony possibly add to it? What new features? It would be like future-technology?

Well they found stuff to add to the Play Station 3. They made better graphics, Wi-Fi internet, a better system, new controllers, and stuff like that. Built in memory etc; If they won't have Play Station 4 out within the decade say 2013 or something there will be tons of new technology for them to toy around with. Maybe they will have it battery powered and have a built in screen in case you go in the car or something. There are tons of possibilites. With every new system they have better graphics, more power, more memory, and the sky is the limit.

There are tons of possibilites. With every new system they have better graphics, more power, more memory, and the sky is the limit.

I'd like to extend the sky a little...Mind reading so you don't have to push triangle to do something just think it, or build in Internet browsing, TV, all-in-one TV PVR Cable Satelight tuning system simmilar to a TiVO, except it also plays games, heck even iTunes, its been added to phones why not Game boxes?

I'd like to extend the sky a little...Mind reading so you don't have to push triangle to do something just think it, or build in Internet browsing, TV, all-in-one TV PVR Cable Satelight tuning system simmilar to a TiVO, except it also plays games, heck even iTunes, its been added to phones why not Game boxes?

Exactly what I was saying. It could be a whole entertainment system that could fit in your pocket for easy traveling. lol Imagine playing a video game that reads your mind. They are actually working on something like it. It's in another topic on the forum I think. It hooks up wires to you and it can do everything for you. You think jump and picture it jumping and it jumps. Of course it would cost 1000's of dollars but if you are moving into your own place buy that and you are all set for everything. Tv, music, video games, online. Mine as well amke it an actual computer. This stinks lol. Our grand kids won't have to move at all during the day. It could have chats for online school and they will have their computer type up stuff using their mind. NO FAIR!!!! :)

Well by the time ps4 comes out someone will discover a way to connect your brain to the came and really be messed up from all the sounds and stuff but yeah depending on the success of PS3 which should be doing well with the hype its getting i would say yeah 10 years would sound right.

Well thats not impossible beacuse they discover new things evry day and evry thing is beeing better and better. And I hope that it will last so... :P But one thing that I wonder is why did Xbox 360 and PS3 and the new gamecobe had their release almost together, I realy wonder that. Did they copy from each other and do small diffrent changes beacuse it looks like that. B) But anyway I dont think tha PS4 is impossible, remember evrything is possible. And I think that it will come a new version that will be PS4 but it wont have the name PS4. I think that it will have an other name like Sony Thunder or something. :)

Im sure there will be a playstation 4, If i am correct the PS3 has already been developed and now they are doing the finishing touches, mass production... etc. That would lead me to assume that the PS4 is probly being worked on now.As for myself, i dont own a ps2 but i have an xbox and gamecube. I regret buying an xbox and for the future, i plan to buy a ps3. It seems to me that Sony is taking the higher road when it comes to technology, when microsoft is focusing on the community aspect of the console, being able to fully interact with friends, society. blah blah blah etc.

Playstation 4

The new and improved playstation 4 will be instore next week.

Here is a small list of its hardware:

- processor => quatro Amd operon Dual-Core Model 3232

- Video => Nvidia PX-Extreme 9879 with 2048mb@1024Mhz

- hdd => 2 TB

- System Memory => 4096mb@1024Mhz

- Full dublex sound card 7.1 surround

- Connection for virtual reality glazes

- Bleuray2 diskdrive

etc...

Eat your heart out :)

That would lead me to assume that the PS4 is probly being worked on now.

I don't think they are working on it quite yet. They are probably all making sure that everything is going as planned with the Play Station 3. Of course they probably have ideas going through their head about it but I'm sure they don't have any set plans yet. There has to be a huge discussion with ideas and put them all together. Since it will be a decade before it comes out they probably are in no rush to work on it because the Play Station 3 hasn't come out yet.

Playstation 4The new and improved playstation 4 will be instore next week.
Here is a small list of its hardware:
- processor => quatro Amd operon Dual-Core Model 3232
- Video => Nvidia PX-Extreme 9879 with 2048mb@1024Mhz
- hdd => 2 TB
- System Memory => 4096mb@1024Mhz
- Full dublex sound card 7.1 surround
- Connection for virtual reality glazes
- Bleuray2 diskdrive
etc...
Eat your heart out

yup ok :)

I think they will surely make a ps4, maybe it will not be called ps4...we'll see, but i think microsoft, sony and nintendo wil make a next-next-gen-console. And i think we can now say not much about these system. If they are working on this now, they are in a initial stage. So i think we have to wait and enjoy XboX360 ps3 and revolution first. What will be in the ps4 also depends on what they are going to invent in the next few years. You ever saw the movie: The Island? There is a sort of virtual reality game console. But this all is futuremusic. Enjoy you live as it is now and be patient...