xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Game Tournament With Game Maker im going to join

Here in the netherlands some people are organising a game tournament. I and a friend (and a teacher as a coach) are going to apply. You have to make a game by yourself with game maker. I don't know if you know the program. It's real cool. (no good graps or so) it's more for noobs that don't know programming language. You can only enter on high school and the team has to be from 2 to 5 members. If you live in the netherlands and want to join go to Make-a-Game. If you want to try the program go to GameMaker. So if some of you use or used the program and have some tips or hints for me to make a good game...pls post here. O and, almost forgot, it had to be a educative game. We had the plan to make an advanture game in the old Roman empire. If you're dutch, i'm hoping you will join to. (you have to apply at least tomorrow, so be quick).

Wow, that's fun, but just to let you know, the GameMaker link you posted redirected me to a page with just google ads. Is that suppose to happen or is my computer just playing around with me.Anyway, If i could, I'd definitely be glad to help you out, unfortunately i can't. So here, I wish you all the best of luck in winning the competition and may god be with you. :PLet us know when the results are out, I for one am anticipating the results. :)

I would suggest switching to 3d gamestudio. It's very easy to learn and incredibly powerful. Some of the code you can get fo free on the forums will allow you to use the same techniques used in the latest 3d engines such as doom 3, quake 4 and the source engine (as in half-life 2, css, vampire masquerade, etc.)

I would suggest switching to 3d gamestudio. It's very easy to learn and incredibly powerful. Some of the code you can get fo free on the forums will allow you to use the same techniques used in the latest 3d engines such as doom 3, quake 4 and the source engine (as in half-life 2, css, vampire masquerade, etc.)

210880[/snapback]

I guess it's upto the creator himself to move to such an editor :\ . Game maker makes excellent games, allows you to add a lot of code, and isnt solely made for 3D games...