xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

How Do I Make A (video) File Smaller?

Ok, I want to host a video that I have in my computer, but the problem is that the video is too big, 790MB. My host can't handle a file that huge so I was wondering if there is any way I can make the video file in my computer smaller? I don't want to mess up the video and make it smaller, I was wondering if I can keep the current 790MB video that I already have but copy only about 10MB of the video into a new file that I can use for hosting. Anyone know?

Is compromission programms like WinZip, WinRAR that compromise files. And they supporte all files, but I think you can only make your file arround 120 MB smaller. And the users who are downloadning the file must have the an application that supports that kind of file. B)

you really got a problem... the only logical solution to your problem is to reduce the quality of your video.. which means the dimension size of the video will be reduce and its quality too... for simplicity use the windows media maker. it can give you options on how to reduce your video with consideration of the transfer rate.. but of course the file is wmv and you can set protection on it or permission. anyway.. good luck..

Is there any sort of program where I can copy a clip of the video somehow? Or what if I download the video again into a different file location but stop the download after it reaches halfway? I know the file would be deleted if you stop it from downloading fully, but I just can't seem to think there is no absolute way on copying a small clip of a larger video.

HM, there is really no solution to 750MB size file to reduce it so that it can be shared to others. Compression softwares like winzip, winrar and others may reduce it to some extend but no less than 500MB will be possible. Not even 500MB. Think about 100 people downloading 500MB big file from your host. 500MBx10 will be 5000MB : this much bandwidth will be used up. I think this is not a very wise way to share your file to them. Instead what you could do is write it in 10CDs (Eurovision CDs can hold upto 800MB file size). And send them by post. This may be less expensive.Virtually it is impossible to do what you are trying to do right now.I'm sorry I do not know where you could download a software which will copy some clips only.Please wait for more members to respond you. Thanks.

you can always snip your main file into smaller parts, like 50MB files each (or as much as your host would allow), so that those who want to access your video will just have to download ALL the individual files and then re-join them together after downloading all parts. this can usually be achieved with WINRAR, and i'm pretty sure there are other compression applications (freeware, shareware, commercial) which can do the same. B)

Is there any sort of program where I can copy a clip of the video somehow?  Or what if I download the video again into a different file location but stop the download after it reaches halfway? I know the file would be deleted if you stop it from downloading fully, but I just can't seem to think there is no absolute way on copying a small clip of a larger video.

207853[/snapback]

check out this page for some shareware video editing tools:

http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/gmm/swvideoedit.html

i have tried Ulead VideoStudio, since it is what i have which came bundled up with the PVR (personal video recorder) i bought before. B) you can review the features they have from the page i gave above, and download/try that which fits your needs. B) good luck! B)

I have a problem I'm supposed to send in a video for college application, streaming it in through a website they don't accept DVD's... but unfortunately the stipend that it must be 50 MB or smaller, and though my project meets the time constraint of two minutes it's currently showing up at about 450 MB... I don't want to cut it at all, I've already had to whittle the **** out of it, so is there anyway I can get it down this small with compressor? or anything? This thing is due in the next few hours... anybody who could help would be doing me a HUGE favor!-oyster

I have the same problem! That's why I searched it up on Google. Then I found your question! I want to compress the file by at least 5 MBs(megabytes). The file size is 42.4 MBs and I want to upload the video to Plunder, where I can only upload a file 37 MBs or less.

If quality isn't a problem, you can always set up a camera to record the clip from your computer. Then download the new recording into something like Movie Maker that gives you easy video sizing options.

uhow bout this

How Do I Make A (video) File Smaller?

Instead of hosting it just make a torrent :)

-reply by River

I have a video size 1.52gb which I want to share in 'windows live'How do I make it smaller so my friend can view it.I am not computer minded so please keep it simple.Any suggestions? Thanks-question by carol g

To Cut Movie Apart, go to Movie maker and there one thing call cut clip... Before press it, go to the movie part you want to cut and press it. It will make a line. Delete the other part and save