xisto Community
cardude

Nameservers?

I am trying to point my domain name to your servers before I sign up so that I will be ready when my account is actived. I am having some trouble in the process. I registered my .be domain name at eurodns.com When I try to type in the nameservers -

Server 1*  NS1.TRAP17.COM 64.69.39.170

Server 2*  NS2.TRAP17.COM

(It brought up the IP addresses, I typed in the two nameservers.) I get an error -

Your NS are misconfigurated, your domain could be unvailable after update! Please check the entries on your NS or verify that you selected the right NS.

What am I doing wrong? What is causing this and what can I do to fix it?

I hope that's an error on you typing nameserver's IP address. Both of IP should be 64.69.35.170 and 177. However, if your service autoconverted to IP addresses there's nothing you or Xisto can do. Make sure that the first nameserver's IP is 64.69.35.170.

I didn't type in the IP addresses, as I said above. I just typed in the two nameservers, and the registrar came up with the IP addresses. It does it automatically.You create a "profile" name for theses two nameservers, and then it asks you to type in 2 nameservers. So it is like naming this set of nameservers, then you go to your domain name and choose the profile to use for the nameservers, and it automatically goes and adds the IP addresses.

I have found the same problem when I am trying to transfer my domain. I have notified EuroDNS and hopefully they will take care of it shortly.

After I sent an email telling them that their nameserver was incorrect they just sent a message that they have fixed up for all dns problems. It just told me to do the NS check which I already had done and then to contact my DNS provider Manager if it didn't work. I would like to know who that is and how do I contact them because I thought it was their problem.