xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lozbo

Send Mail In Strict Xhtml form elements atribute Name

Im using xhtml strict, and trying to send a form to 'mail.php' which actually sends the data, but it seems that php does not detect the $_POST['m_name']; if i do not assign a "name" attribute in the form, but strict xhtml does not accept the name attribute in my form elements...When i try to validate, it says... "there is no name attribute" and stuff... and what i say is yeah yeah whatever you perverse Markup Validation Service, i knew that... but php does not recognize an id attribute to use with $_POST so i can not send info, or tell me if i'm wrong? What is going on?hehethanx

In XHTML, the "name" attribute gets replaced with the "id" attribute. Which i find to be a dumb thing. But, the only solution i can give you is to change doctypes from XHTML to something else like HTML 4.01. Though, the W3C made XHTML a standard, if you really need that php mail script of your's to work, just switch.

alright, ill give it a try then, but then are you sure that php can only read post variables through 'name' only? couse i find it to work when i switch, but i may be getting it wrong or somethin