xisto Community
Compute

Run Your Own Mail / Radio Server SHOUTcast and more

just installed the radio thing. i just need advice on which songs to add to my playlist. i had winamp for a while but i never knew it could be used like that. cool. thanks for the tut.

I've been wanting to make my own radio server for quite a while. Jus to stream stuff and whatnot. This tutorial should probably help out. I'm going to go give most of what was said a try. Hopefully, with both fingers crossed, it'll work. :rolleyes:

Ok when i create a website in Xisto.com , then i will use this service for regional songs... to be played so that non-resident indians may enjoy the show.Thank you man.........

Yeh, SHOUTcast is great, I've been using it to stream an internet radio for teens for years and it has actually become rather popular.Yes, SHOUTcast is free, but you will need to pay for any licensing if you are going to play music covered by copyright laws.SAM is expensive but, to be honest, if you are going to run a professional stream it really pays off. Although it seems complex to use for every newbie, it becomes second hand within a week to do the major things.SAM Broadcaster is great and I would highly reccomend it above Winamp, even if your using the demo copy.

ooo i like lolive been trying for a while to set up my own house radio so we cna have a continuse feed of music with no fing comercials lolthanks for the help

If you're on broadband, you pobably won't be allowed to host a steaming server off your connection because you share the connection with many other people. If you have slower connections, running a shoutcast server will probably slow everything else down. It's fun though, people can try it out, play your own music with your friends and whatnot. I'm going to try it when i get home from china.