xisto Community
dvalkass

The Movies Hollywood movie making simulation

Does anybody own 'The Movies', if so what do you think of it. If you haven't heard of this game it's a simulation game where you build up a studio lot and create movies to gain ranks, you can export movies you make and post them on the net for people to view, I think it's a very interesting game.

I have heard of it before but I don't own it though i have played it at the internet cafes. Movies is a great game you should buy it if you have the money, You can build beaches in the middle of the city. You can practicaly build anything anywhere though then you need to consider your money that you have. I recommend this game to anyone who wants to be a director of movies or anyone who like simulation games where you need to keep track of your money and manage building structures or even those who like both.

I keep seeing commercials for this game, and I get it confused with the Sims. It looks pretty fun though. I'll probably see if they have a trial downloadable version before I commit to purchasing it though. I have to test the goods first. ;)

Apperantly With this game the copy protection is too good for itself it not even accepting the original disk on older drives. Read that on another forum. :D Cariba-creek-blast have you got a new copy and if so would you recommend buying it?thewebber1988- - - - - - - - - - - Are You Local? - The League Of Gentlemen

I really want this game! My pc isn't fast enough though and as far as I know its not out on console (is this right?).Maybe when I get the chance to upgrade my pc I'll have some Movies fun :rolleyes:

the movies is really fun, i shud get it. i make my own movies and post them online, but most are crappy because i cant really think of a story that good. most of my movies r 4 to 3 stars.

The Movies is a top class 5 star game. Without one shred of a doubt. It has nice graphics, some good gameplay and most importantly of all - a cool idea behind it. I've never seen a movie simultion before but this one is very very well put together. The points system for uploading your movies is also a great idea. It allows you to buy some extras for your game. Just upload a movie and you'll recieve the points.

All in all - A top class game.

Official site - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The Movies is a top class 5 star game. Without one shred of a doubt. It has nice graphics, some good gameplay and most importantly of all - a cool idea behind it. I've never seen a movie simultion before but this one is very very well put together. The points system for uploading your movies is also a great idea. It allows you to buy some extras for your game. Just upload a movie and you'll recieve the points.
All in all - A top class game.

Official site - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

good

I own a copy of The Movies. I'd give it a 3/5 (and i'm being generous). I've played it for weeks and after some time, the game starts to get routine... create a script, pick the actors, directors and crews, shoot the movie and show it. The graphics are cool... no doubt in that, and the game is kinda charming in one way or the other; But as I said, it can get routine for a while.The Movies was created by Lionhead studios. As you would expect from the creators of Dungeon Keeper, Fable and Black & White, the gameplay is great. Like Sondar said, the idea behind it is novel.

The movies is a great game. I got the game when it first came out. I havent played it alot, my interest in games has gone downhill a bit since I've become interested in programming. I want to start playing it again now that I've seen this thread though. I never got into actually making the movie. I was just putting it with the writers, and having the actors run through it. I want to try the whole process for myself someday, that was supposed to be one of the great aspects of the game. I bought the stategy guide with the game, and there is some interesting facts in there that are good to know. It will make higher studio status easier with the stategy guide, thats for sure. I recommend anyone who owns the game to pick one up.

I had it long time ago. Its quite old.I liked to an extent. Cause the options of movie making are quite limited. But can be extended by 3rd party plugins.I good feature is that you can add your own voice as dialogs for the characters, along with subtitles. You can even export the final creation as a video for playback.

Does anybody own 'The Movies', if so what do you think of it. If you haven't heard of this game it's a simulation game where you build up a studio lot and create movies to gain ranks, you can export movies you make and post them on the net for people to view, I think it's a very interesting game.

ohk man i m giving u the site for movieshttp://www.teekhamasala.com/
http://www.google.com/
https://www.moniker.com/
peace!!