xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
franklinweb

Online Gaming - Pc Or Console what is your choice?

I have a question about on what kind of system do you play online games? I played Soldier of Fortune 2, CoD UO, Counter Strike source etc. On what system did I play? I play on a PC. My pc is 3 years old and getting crap. What I really like at online-gaming at the pc is you can aiming very quick and chat with someone. A console is totally different. Aiming isn't that quick as at the pc. Have to buy all kinds of cabels to get online etc. ( I'm little bit lazy). I think Console online-gaming sucks more than at the pc. What's your choice?PC or Console I'm very interest B)franklinweb

I prefer the Pc aswell but if I had to choose a console the xbox live feaature is by far the best for a console, and not too far behind a pc, xbox live has some great features, that pc hads aswell.

I would have to go with pc online gaming. Only becuase theres more games and stuff i can play online and right now i only have pc net i will have to get others

Well I haven't tried playing games online for anything other than my pc. I play America's Army and Civilization III online. I have planned on buying the online adapter thing for my Play Station 2 but I figured it wasn't worth the money when I have my computer. I don't want to pay monthly to play a game online when I can play online for free with my computer. I probably will buy it soon anyway. I will use it for America's Army when it comes out for PS2, and MVP Baseball 2005 and Burnout 3

I'm an avid PC gamer, mostly because of it's higher power in graphics and all-around processing, as well as it's support for things such as fan-made modfiications and the like, while when it comes to a console game, what you see is pretty much what you get; it's tough (if even possible) to make the complex kinds of mods that one finds for popular PC games (Unreal Tournament, for example).

I play on the same thing I'm using to type up this forum post.franklinweb: Depending on the game, you may or may not be able to play on your computer. Counter-Stirke is a good thing, because most old computers can run it pretty well. Soldier of Fortune probably won't run, though.If you want to pwn (to take an online term), you are gonna need to go out and buy yourselves a new computer. That will mean you can get the most about of FPS (Frames per second) that you can.Also, get yourself ADSL. So that you don't lag, and you know where everyones actualy are.

I use PC. And i wish all other games were made for PC also. Mainly because my PC performs better than mot consoles (even if xbox360 comes with all this fast stuff, the games I've seen for it really suck). And with multiple monitors you can do other things. Internet, chat, webdesign, games, everything in one. Less hassle for me. but what I use to do is get a TV tuner and play everything on the computer.

PC Online Gaming...because ultimatly.. you can get mods for games..you can chat with the people your playing with..certain things are more accessable than on console...and because its better for clans etc because of it can all be done in the one machine. B)

Well I would highly recomend PC for online gaming as a matter of fact PC for anything. A few of the reasons: 1. Its alittle bit harder to play pc games online and what i mean by this is that you have to make sure its compatiable, download the necceasary patches /mods and what not as well as in most games find a server and / or a good community to game in. Live is tottaly differnt its way easier you pop the game in there are no requirements and you play. Now you might ask why is this bad? Well call me scrooge but mainly because in my opinion due to the how eazy it is to get online with live you have a much MUCH younger aduience and usually but NOT always that results in less maturity in your online gaming. Now i realize we are all fairly young(under 30 or so?) and we all like our games and saying "Hahah owned you" but honestly the number of people on live that are 12 or under is really geting rediciolious and in my opinion takes the fun out of it. Especially since with out the keyboard its alot eazier at least in my opinion so the level of skill decreases in consoles it seems like or at least the potential of skill. Because with a keyboard you can mod it your self, you can get every thing just right and you can be insanely better than others where as with consoles it seems like the learning curve is alot less. Some people think thats bad some think its good its up to you as the individual i guess i just figured id put in my two cents worth.

I have a question about on what kind of system do you play online games? I played Soldier of Fortune 2, CoD UO, Counter Strike source etc. On what system did I play? I play on a PC. My pc is 3 years old and getting crap. What I really like at online-gaming at the pc is you can aiming very quick and chat with someone. A console is totally different. Aiming isn't that quick as at the pc. Have to buy all kinds of cabels to get online etc. ( I'm little bit lazy). I think Console online-gaming sucks more than at the pc. What's your choice?

PC or Console

I'm very interest :)

franklinweb

207183[/snapback]

i have a high end pc and a console, i choose console over pc for these reasons:

-consoles are more stable

-consoles have more than 5x the amount of pc games (they produce more within the same amoutn of time)

-consoles are dedicated to gaming, thus, are allmost lagg free in every aspect, and the games are made to run at a smoothe constant state

-consoles dont get outdated unless a revolutionary console comes out wich changes the whole transition of pas consoles

-consoles have more on-line games (yes, infact they do, take a look at xbox, and specifically xbox 360, within 1 week of release allready 20 games out, all of them live if im not mistaken)(they produce more games, therefor their re more games online)

-no need for upgrading

*most of all, when playing a console online, EVERYONE has the same specs, running the same system, all have equal opportunity and using the same hardware, making the matches and gameplay solely to do with SKILL, not like performance and hardware like the PC. For example with a PC, the person with the better hardware etc will have more advantage over the user with a moderate setup... not the case with consoles*

Personally i think the transition of gaming is going to be to the consoles, the consoles are going to take over the gaming industry, especially since it is such a lucrative buisness and more and more company's are entering the marketplace and coming up with innovative ideas such as when microsoft stepped in:P

yep..i also preffer playing on the computer for some reasons, it is a little bit complicated for me to buy a portable device for games or even a console, so i have to use my computer and well so far i have experienced the reality of the games, what i like the most about using the computer is the mouse, something, consoles dont have, so for example when playing medal of honor (excellent game btw) i just use the mouse to turn back or left and also i can see my boots or perform much more movements that i would do with a normal control, due to the view (in some games) is controlled by other stick in the pad making the playing more difficult, maybe that's why most games have an intelligent (talking about war games) gun that selects the enemy, therefore you just shoot and on the computer you have to enclose to the pointer till you achive to shoot him. Also for example when playing racing games, it is more difficult to find a force feedback wheel device to play for instance NFSU2 (or atleast i havent seen one).

i do agree the mouse does add a better perspective over the controller, but only in respect with FPS games. And no doubt, 360 or PS3 will come out with mouse hookup's, especially 360 since xbox has come out with the most amount of FPS games for a console in history...Other games the mouse would b better with is RTS games, thats about it...