xisto Community
Travis18520

Program To Get Rid Of Pop Ups And Spyware

erm .. i think google toolbar or yahoo toolbar is good enough for stopping pop-upi personally had 2 toolbars installed .. msn n google's .. i only found out this when i installed google toolbar .. because i hid the msn one .. loland spyware thingy .. try spybot .. update n scan regularly .. it even scans for bad cookies .. ( not home-baked one :rolleyes: )u can dl at https://www.safer-networking.org/ .. it's a freeware

For pop up blocking simply use Mozilla Firefox browser. And for spyware spybot is correct choice but I think you should also use Lavasoft Ad-aware which is Free like spybot and firefox.

The best solution is to switch to a more secure browser which cannot be hijacked as easily as IE. With firefox, I haven't ran adaware, spybot, avg in the time since I began to use it. Firefox also blocks the majority of popups and has features such as extensions and tabs.If you still want to stay with IE, get the google toolbar and don't forget to get SP2.

Mozilla Firefox browser

Is the best browser around, secure, fast and more.

And for spyware spybot is correct choice but I think you should also use Lavasoft Ad-aware which is Free like spybot and firefox.

Ad-ware is a exelent option, but hte best way to avoid the spyware is using the mozilla firefox, a good antivus like Panda or Avast and be caruful of what i open.

for ur purpose u can use a few browser which have pop-up blocker built in.mozilla firefox and myie2/maxthon are few.google/yahoo toolbars also have pop-up blockers.I personally have been using myie2 and google toolbar.Netscape 7 also has a popup blocker.spybot is just enough for preventing spywares.

If you want to use IE all you need to do is to update to SP2. It adds a popup blocker. You will not need any additional software. Without SP2, you can tryout google toolbar, that blocks popups fine, but I wouldn't compare it to integrated blockers that come with some broswers such as Mozilla.

If you want to use IE all you need to do is to update to SP2. It adds a popup blocker. You will not need any additional software.

No : IE popup blocker isn't efficient.And it doesn't remove all the hudge security holes of this deprecated browser, allowing spywares to install on your system.

There is no way keeping IE, all experts ask users to drop this buggy browser...

The one and only that i use and is recomended by bell sympatico technicians is ad-aware. You should get 6 because it is the latest one and update it. It removes most of them. But no program will remove 100% of the spy ware most programs only remove about 33%. use norton or mcafee too.

I usedSpybot (free)Ad-Aware (free for personal)Spydoctor(free to try)and use with Registry Mechanic(free to try)Registry First-Aid(free to try)all can download@download.com(cnet)if need key, PM me <_< bi"get well"

I use to use Bullet Proof Spyware pack thing. Its pretty good. Until my trial went out and I had to resort to finding other ones. But adware away is still good for me now. I also use to use Zone alarm. It was annoying at times but it did its thing. Oh you have to get the Web filtering thing. But I think they don't use that anymore. RIghtn now I use google bar. But sometimes a few banners pop up because of some spyware my spyware remover can't get off.