xisto Community
nathankang0

Starting Your Own Clan

Tutorial:Starting A Clan

Clans Can Start By People Who Love To Chat And Have Fun. Or Clans Can Start By People Who Think They Need To Boss People. Here Is A Tutorial For Running A Clan. I Am A Clan Leader Myself Leading 13th Airborne. This Tutorial May Help You Alot.

1.)Starting A Clan

So You Want To Start A Clan Right? Well It Takes Alot of Work To Start A Clan. A Clan Must Start By A Active Person Who Loves To Help People In Many Ways. Many Clans Like uBp Runs Very Nice Because They Recruit. You Need To Recruit. But Becareful Who You Recruit. 13th Airborne Nearly Fell When We Recruitied A Idiot Who Talks Only About His Scores And Dont Care About The Clan. First You Need To Choose The Game You Want The Clan To Run On. Then Find Your First Recruit.

2.)A Basic Clan Site

Once Your Clan Started Build A SIMPLE Clan Site. Many Clans Die Cause Clan Leaders Work Too Hard On Making The Clan Site. If You Are Going To Work Hard On The Clan Site Put A Second In Command Of The Clan. This Will Save Your Clan Alot. Use A Simple Site Maker Like Freewebs Or Tripod. These Are The Best Cause It Will Help Recruits Join The Clan More Easily. I Suggest Tripod.com Cause It Gives In Great Things Like Forms. When The Clan is About 1 Year Old Then Make A Huge Nice Clan Site From Great Host Like Xisto.com. 13th Airborne Will Get One From Them.

3.)Recruiting People

One Of The Most Important Rule Of Running A Clan is RECRUITING. If You Stop Recruiting Chances Are Your Clan Will Fall. Also Recruiting Just Anyone Is Stupid. Recruit People Who Are Trustworthy, Loyal, Kind, Mature. If You Recruit People Who Are Arrogant, Drunk, Stupid, Obnoxious, Immature, Talk Only Aout Scores, Then Your Clan Will Eventually Fall. 13th Recruited Someone Named Killer And He Was Out On The far Most Annoyingest Person Is The World. If You Know GamingForums.com And Hear Of killer400 You Will know. Trust Me...

4.)Why Most Clan Dies....

This Is One Of The Worst Clan Cases Ever. A Clan Will Die From The Followings

The Clan Leader Is Just Plain Bossy

Too Much Hacking Or Immature Members

Stupid Clan And Inactive In Many Ways

Does Nothing

The Clan Leader Works To Hard On Sites

The Clan Leader Just Runs A Clan To be Bossy

There Are Most But These Are The Main Ones....

Well Thats All From Nathan But Ill Bring More. Ill Post This In My Forums Once Its Ready

Thanks

-Kang B)

I suppose thats useful enough.You didn't talka bout Team Speak, IRC, Renting Servers or Time Zones/ Practices. . . . There all quite important too. Practising being an extremely important part of starting a clan lol.

5.)A Server

You Dont Need To Get A Server That Fast. Infact A Server Isnt About The Clan. A Clan Is About People And Friendship. A Server Just Makes It Better For You To Scrimmage And Practice With Your Clan Members.

6.)Chatting Messangers

There Are Many Good Voice And Chat Messangers. For Chatting I Recommend AIM And Xfire. Both Have Exelent Chat Rooms For The Clan. For Voice I Say Ventrilo Is The Best For Games Mostly But Teamspeak Is Efficient. If You Cant Afford Teamspeak Or Vent Then Use Roger Wilco Or Skype. There Are More But These Are The Basic

7.)Promotions And People

Promoting People Is Good But Dont Say "Ill Make You 2Lt If You Join My Clan" Thats Real Bad. Only Promote People Who Are Trustworthy And Loyal. 13th Airborne Only Has 5 People Who Have Officer Rankings.

A Clan Is About People. If You Recruit Whinners About Promotions And The Server Then Kick Them From The Clan Even If They Are Good. 13th Had A Person Named Cure Who 0wns In Call Of Duty But Whins Alot So Even If He Is Good I Still Has To Kick Him From My Clan. Kicking Good Members May Be Hard But Trust Me Its Worth It

8.)Members Quiting

It May Be Hard For Your Members To Quit. But Heres A Advice.... Just Keep Recruiting Until Your Clan Has More Then 20 Members Then Your Clan Will Run Smoothly. If Your Clan Only Has 10 Members And 2 Quits Thats Bad. You Were Not Recruiting. Also Seperate Members Who Are Active From Inactive. 13th Airborne Has A Replacement Company For Those Who Are Inactive.

Nathan Will Bring More Soon!

Been there..The only advice I can give to any one who wants to lead a Clan is to remeber every one is an individual. And many times you are dealing with diffrent cultures. With in my clan we have people from the EU, Astralia (sp) Mexico and the US.Im incharge of a MMORPG Clan we play games from Kings of Chaos to Dar Throne..There is 6 diffrent games we all play.I first started out with Proboards..It worked great untill we started getting hacked..So I mived us to a PhPBB froum and put on all the goodies on it witha small web site.Im now looking at building a PhP Nuke site for us with all the goodies. But im running in to a bandwith issue. Just with me alone on it setting it up I have eating up 130mb so far this month

Not a bad little tutorial. Good for those who want to start a clan but have no idea what they are doing. I have another suggestion. You should be in a clan first before you make one. Try it out see if you like it, work your way up in a clan gaining more powers and responcibilities to make sure you can handle them and would enjoy doing them. This will save you money before you go out and rent a server before you know whether you like it or not.

9.)Advancing Your Clan

Ah Your Clan Is Running Fine. If It Is Then Get Advance Things Now.

First You Should Get A Domain Name By Beggin Xisto Or Buying One. A Domain Will Help Shorten Long Subdomains. I Would Suggest You Go To DotTK.

Second Talk To Your Clan Members About Alliance With Other Clans. 13th Has So Many Allys That Mostly All Clans Know About Us B).

Third Start Making Sweet Clan Banner And Stuffs

Example:

Posted Image

Fourth Make Your Forums Superb By Ordering A vBulletin Or IPB.

Fifth Make A Superb Websit For The Clan

Last Give Back Into Me By contacting me hanbit31793@sbcglobal.net. I Deserve A Thanks For This Nice Tutorial Dont I??? B)

Thats All Folks

Thanks

-Kang B)

Fourth Make Your Forums Superb By Ordering A vBulletin Or IPB.

Fifth Make A Superb Websit For The Clan

206840[/snapback]

You dont need to order vbulletin or IPB, they are no good for your clan. Clan leaders should focus on gaming and not on an uber nice site and stuff. I advice that you first settle your clan up, play lots of scrimmages / clanwars, get into some league play so people get to know you and your clan, and then go focus on your site.

If your clan is worth something, you can get a lot. Once your clan is in the top 20 of clans of the game you play, you can virtually get anything sponsered. Gameservers, websites and on popular games like CS were a lot of money is involved, you can get hardware and stuff sponsered.

Another tip: A wise friend of me, who quit gaming due to his wife getting a kid, once said "A clan is as weak as it's weakest link", this means your worst players mark your clan, and not your best players.

Would Suggest You Go To DotTK.

I wouldn't reccomend you do that. Some internet providers will now allow users to visit sites that end in .tk. It will say that the page can not be displayed. .tk isn't really a proffessional domain name anyway. I would suggest getting a real domain name for your site. Yahoo is offering domain names for $2.99 until the end of the year. Try finding players that are good, nice, and hard working. It is always good to have someone for the beginers to look up to.

If You Cannot Offord A Domain Name Then Simply Go To cjb.net And Get A Free Shorter Domain If You Have A Long Domain. Or Try To Earn Your Domain By Going To Places Like Ezrewards Or Some Place Like That. I Recommend This... If You Want To Lead A Clan To Just Be Bossy Or Be Like Hey Im The Boss Then Dont Start A Clan. But If You Do Want To Be Bossy Then Tell Your Clanmates The Reason You Are Changing Stuffs Like Demotion Or Clan Name Change Or Even Merging. If You Clan Mates Still Hate It Kick Them From The Clan Cause It Will Ruin The Clan Since That Clan Member Can Quit And Start A clan And Steal Your Members.

Tip: If your leaders suck, that is NOT good. You'll get a bad rep and people might not wanna join.Whoa I just co-founded a clan earlier today for a small free shooter game called Seek and Dread. The best clans in SnD are the ones that have skilled players, not have many. Getting 8 people would be great for my clan, seeing as SnD is a small game. There's only 2 of us but that's cause we started today. We look for skilled players who are on often. It's amazing how well this topic fits in for me.