xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
franklinweb

Php Vs Html

This topic is about what kind of interpages are better and why it's better. This contest is PHP vs HTML. PHP is quick and have enough options to make a nice site but its difficult to learnHTML is easy with an encoder but html is slow and you have to update it time after time.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Moving from General Talk
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I'm not much of a php fan. I've been using html and JSPs for all my work.But i think php is a much more stronger language than html. even though it is cryptic it is faster, dynamic and with many more features. example: accessing databases is possible in php. but i don't think it's possible in simple html.

Html. I don't like PHP right now because I have only tried very few things and I can't find a tutorial I can understand. If anyone knows PHP, then more power to you,but I honestly can't say I like PHP. On Html, you can edit without hardly any errors and interference. You constantly run into errors and problems with PHP. Just this morning there was a problem. Nothing wrong with it, just that I don't have the time to deal with all that.

You can really compare the two because they fall into two different categories. PHP is a scripting language while HTML is a mark-up language. PHP is executed server-side while HTML is rendered client-side. PHP needs to be installed on a server while HTML does not.Now, PHP and ASP can be compared because the two are scripting languages.

i don't think you can compare php with html. A better comparison would be php and java. Both are really languages, php is much easier to learn than java and doesn't need to be compiled. Plus php workes on all browsers. Learning php is relatively easy if you start off really slow. You can download script from hotscripts.com and adding it to a page is about as compilicated as adding a javascript.round

Ya like snildude and round said you can't really compare the two. They are for two different things. Html is for the layout and design of the site and php is for little programs that keeps your site organized, like navigatoin, content management systems, and membership systems. Some people just don't like php because it is a little more difficult to learn because it is more advanced.

Yeah i also think that these two are hard to compare, since they are mostly used for different purposes! HTML is something that everyone should know if he is making webpages - it is like a bible! I don't know much PHP, only as much as i need to know to sucesfully set up and run my forum....and forums are one thing for which php is great! We should put JAVAtm also in this comparison i think..greetz

THey are definitely two different things, and it certainly depends on what your purpourses are when making a website. For example, if you have a magazine or a blog and you really need to keep up to date the whole site, then PHP is the answer. Otherwise, if your site is about your own design company, perhaps your best choice must be HTML. I do not like Java that much and haven't ever worked with JSP nor ASP.Cheers!!! B)

Just like it has been mentioned that you cannot compare them as there are two totally different languages , in my opinion php is more like the C/C++ language . PHP is a server side programming language meant for almost anything you can do remotely, it's a very well developed language and very fun to learn , yes it can be hard but once you start you won't stop B)

I think everyone's missing the point that the end result of PHP is that it actually outputs HTML to the web browser, the same with nearly all scripting languages designed for web delivery. So, in other words, you can't have PHP without HTML (well you could, but the user wouldn't see anything).

I think everyone's missing the point that the end result of PHP is that it actually outputs HTML to the web browser, the same with nearly all scripting languages designed for web delivery. So, in other words, you can't have PHP without HTML (well you could, but the user wouldn't see anything).

I must add that one can use PHP to create programs just as he would use any other programing language. There is an extension for PHP that allows you to do this. But PHP was created primarly for web development and (as you said) creation of HTML, on server side, and giving output to client (web agent/browser) as formatted HTML.

I must add that one can use PHP to create programs just as he would use any other programing language.

Yes and in that case, there's even less point comparing PHP & HTML cos then they're doing entirely different things.

Mmm.. when I saw the topic title, I thought, "PHP vs HTML? Wouldn't it be more helpful to talk about combining the two?"

They're both lovely by themselves, but since, as everyone else has said, they're so different.. putting them together makes for an unstoppable website ^^

I personally use HTML more, since I tend to like things simple.. but the lines of PHP I sprinkle through my pages couldn't be replaced by all the HTML in the world ^^