xisto Community
Peaktao

Musicals Do you like?and Which one?

Hey, Do you guys enjoy musicals? And which one do you like best?I like 'Cats' by Andrew lloyd Webber best. This story is best on the old poem...and Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote music for the musical. He always wrote a new song (with new lyrics) for the show, which is the famous memory. The show were in Westend, London for 27 years or sth...before going on a year UK national tour and stopping some 2 years ago. I watched it 3 times in the UK and I enjoyed it a lot..and more every time I see it. All the Cats were soo amazing. Those musical stars just acted like real cats. and they all kept their character so well. The singing and dancing were also excellent. I remember reading one of the casts' interview...it says...in the morning, people in the cast woke up, did some singing warm up and then spent 2 hours or sth in a room together all acting as a cat (the charater they are playing)....walked, slept, sat, or whatever like a cat. Then did a bit of dancing warmup and got ready for the show. When I read it....it didn't surprise me anymore how all stars did sooo brilliantly in the show. I'm quite upset that it has stopped. Well, this is despite the facts that I bought the DVDs and CDs. I didn't quite like Chicago mainly because I thought none of the charaters were likeable. (well the music was quite good, though) Nevermind...Now I'm deciding whether I shoudl take my mom (whos coming to visit me in the UK) to see the Phantom of the Opera or The women in White (both by Andrew Lloyd Webber). I know Phantom is a legend but Women is White is the most recent Webber's composition and I prefer listenning to musical singing to operatic singing. hmmm B)

I haven't seen many musicials, but I did enjoy "Little Shop of Horrors" when I saw it last May and "Singin' in the Rain" (if that can even be included in this category). I'm really looking forward to seeing "Guys and Dolls" because of Marlon Brando and tap dancing. Overall, though, I love seeing musicials where the performers can actually sing (my school is doing a rendition of "Beauty and the Beast" and a lot of kids should not have parts).

I love musicals and theathers... I have been to A?da, which is about a egyptian slave who gets with a white rich man. It was beautiful.I would really like to go to the Lion King. I love the disney film, and it would be amazing to see it in a musical. But musicals are so expensive to go to. I havent got enough money to go to Lion King LOLI also like to got to ballet shows, I went to the Swanlake. It was beautiful I love dancing . But you know, the enironment and the feeling is the same in a theater, with musicals.

Oh wow! I'm a HUGE fan of musicals <333 I like Phantom of the Opera, the most recent musical. It's such a good movie, I loved all their voices! The music was very catchy too! I wasn't bored one bit, dispite the fact that it was just singing for 2 hours! (you REALLY have to be into classic music in order to watch phantom of the opera)i hate how disney doesn't make any more musicals with their recent movies =( it breaks the souls of all the new born children growing up in this corrupted world...

Well the only musical i have seen live is The Sound Of Music... :-/. But as for movies i have several favorite musicals.1. Hedwig and the angry inch. I absolutly LOVE this movie, i wish i could see the play. The lyrics to the songs are amazing, and everyones voice in it is also just very amazing. 2. Rocky Horror Picture Show - How can you not like this movie? Who DOESN'T like this movie? Every Time i see Tim Curry all i think is RHPC and Clue. And to think it was one of [or was it her first?] Movie with Susan Surronden. The movie is crazy.3. Mouline Rouge- So the song creation isnt their own but the movie is still great. The colours are fricking awesome, just so beautiful. Ewan <3 4. RENT - Probably the only musical i can really relate to. Its just really sad. But the music is great, very catchy. 5. Little Shop of horrors - I loved this movie when i was younger, i havent seen it for awhile though. The flower was so obnoxious. I can't think of any other musicals i have seen....but i do love musicals. Its funny that about 30 years ago EVERY movie had someone singing in it. Like a kid would be thinking out loud, but singing instead, like everyone would start out singing for no real reason. Now no movie unless its a musical has singing. I kind of like it better that way though.

Particularly I don't like the musical ones to my, although sporadically I see musical but not in the cinema, but in a theater room that is where they should see each other, the best d elos that I have seen has been chicago and the worst of those that I have seen it has been moilin rouge.Particularly movies without script and alone full with music don't interest me a lot I prefer another type of movies, but good it is positive that there is diversity of likes.

I dont really goto musicals a lot but one that i did like was one called Billy Elliot. Well i like it till the frst break and the it got kinda boring because you pretty much knew what would happen anyways. I saw it when i was on a class trip to london with my class. But all in all if your generaly intrested in musicals i would really recommend Billy Elliot. The kid that plays Billy is briliant. Actualy im not sure if its still on. maybe someone from london can confirm this or not.

The best Musicals I loved when I saw them were.1. Beauty and the Beast I've been dying to see this great show again it was my all time favourite musical I've ever seen it has alot of humour and wonderfully sang, songs and a great cast I even have the soundtrack of it at home and I listen to it alot and when I do I remember pretty much everything that happened in this great master-piece. I loved it. I can't wait to see it again someday I loved this great and wonderful musical.2. Phantom of the OperaI thought this was a very interesting play it has nice music and a nice little story in it. Someday I might see the movie about it and see if it's anymore interesting than this one. But all in all this is a great musical that if it comes to your town you will have to go and see it at least once to see if you like it or not. But I thought it was a great play to see at least once.So those are my 2 favourite musicals I have seen and I liked. But I really do hope to see the Beauty and the Beast someday it was such a good play and musical I would truly like to see it again someday. I've seen previews on it tv sometimes but it's usually far from me. I am confident however that I'll see it again someday.

I guess I will have to be the odd man out on this topic. I really don't care much for musicals. I like watching the sotry lines develope in a show or movie, and tend to get bored when they stop the action and start singing. The only exception to this would of course be Rocky Horror Picture Show. It is just freaky enough and funny enough I didn't mind the singing parts.