xisto Community
dantheman1122

My Job Sucks! tell us, why you hate your job

Just got home from work so this topic feels so natural now...Anyways I work at blockbuster, have been working here for 3 years now and am just beginning to be disgruntled with it.Reasons why I hate my job-My store is a training store, when I ask for more hours I get denied or get a short shift, despite the fact that I've been working here more than anyone ESPECIALLY TRAINEES.-My boss brags that she's giving me a nice raise, when in fact it just makes up for the fact that I started below what your supposed to start at and my last raise was a nickel. She wants me to thank her boss...-The heat is broken but the ac works fine, so the store is actually colder inside than outside during winter.-Customers are complete ***holes. I've dealt with 2 customers who are both so angry with us they threatened to sue. One even took down my name to use in court.-I have to wake up at 7am, during a day I have classes at 9:30 to help with inventory, because my coworker wants to wait in line to get an XBOX 360.Post your stories as well.

I really love my job because I can go into work anytime that I want and I can take breaks whenever I need them. However, I only work four hours a week (two two-hour shifts) at $7.00 an hour, which means I get $25.00 a week, hardly enough to actually do anything with. Also, I get raging headaches every day. I've learned to cope with them, but they are extremely annoying.

I just recently quit my job last month. I worked doing child care for this one work place that provided help for people on drugs, people getting away from drugs, prostitutes, abuse victims(sexual, emotional, and physical), people with STD's, homosexuals (various reasons), and convicts. In the evening they do councelling sessions for women and men. I did the child care at four out of the five nights they do it. I would make $15 a night even if I had 1-12 kids.It wasn't the low amount of money they paid out because I knew it was a small place getting money from a special pay provider. It was the kids! I would look after children that had AD(H)D, Terrets, FAS, and kids that had bad lives. Every two out of the four nights I babysat I had this one kid. He fell into the last catagory. This boy was eleven years old, 5'11, and 220lb's or more. This kid would push me, punch me, tackle me down, vandelise property, hit me with the shingles from the roof (they hurt!), hit me with anything he could find, swear at me, try get the other kids to do the same thing, and would make up stories to get me in trouble when I went to tell his mother. I would get in trouble because I most of my attention went to him and some kids would get hurt while this guy was making a scene and what came from his mouth? "Look what you did! You were suppose to be watching them"... now I know that's true but you can't when this kid was being dangerous and such. I can't physically or emotionally do anything to this kid so nothing happened. I felt sorry for this kid so I let him stay in the group, his mom always came in black and blue so generally I didn't want him around that while group was going on... They added another girl to help me with this and she did nothing and still I would get in trouble or get abused. I also was very fond of his little brother and sister (they were cute and good!).I finally had enough when I was about to take a sip of my newly poured coffee and he went and pushed the cup against me making me burn myself. I then asked my aunt to remove him from the place because he wasn't welcomed to be babysat again. The next day he was there... pulled the same fight fight tell tell crap with me again... I asked her to remove him again. The next week same thing so when the next time I was to go babysit for the group I just didn't show up. I cursed and what not and I yelled "I quit!" over the phone... That's why I hated my job.Before that boy came in I loved it. The kids liked me, the boss liked me, the parents liked me, and I loved the kids. I would go to work excited and not dreading. Also once I left they remove the kid from the babysitting, another reason for me to be mad!

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Mm.. work o.oSometimes, our customers are scary o.oI saw one of our new stockboys get approached by a customer, asking where to find something.. and since he hadn't even been there a week, he didn't know where it was. He said, "I'm not sure where to find that, ma'am, but I'll go get you someone who knows where it is.. actually, keep shopping, I'll find you and bring you one ^^"..and when he turned and left to get help.. she grabbed a bottle of cleaner off the shelf.. and threw it at him o.o;I'm like.. huh.. o.o;

I'm actually not too upset with my job these days, though it can be annoying at times. I'm a lifeguard at a pool, and I have to teach swimming lessons too. The parents (for the most part) just suck, and some of the crewleaders/supervisors are terrible to be around, but there are others that are ok. For some reason your day always depends on their mood..The only thing I can really say upsets me there is the need for constant smiling. After working 8 hours straight, and five six year olds going crazy, I get parents telling me I should smile more often. And because the parents say it, the crewleader needs to tell me, so all I get is people telling me to smile more. I just wish they'd take these things into account when giving you days with 10 hours, 8 of which are instruction.On the other hand, and making up for the smiling thing, you tend to meet the most awesome people there. Some are awful, but most make you smile, no matter what kind of mood you're in.. xD

It's not that my job sucks, but it is extremely boring and stressful.I work as a student computer tech at my high school, with 3 others. I'm the only one that really knows what I'm doing, thus I do all of the work. The actual IT guy is lazy, and Just plays aroungd with dreamweaver all day, and leaves me to do all of the hardware troubleshooting. The stressful part is that all of the teachers depend on my work, because all of the grade software and attendance is all done by computer. I do love my job, but I do wish it could be a litthe easier on me.

I used to love, hate, and then love my job again. It's a pretty funny story. But when i first started to work in the computer store, I thought it would be nice having the chance to see new gadgets when they'r launched. But as time passed by, this colleague of mine, A, started to act like he was boss. He started to "command" the sales representatives to pull in more customers, making us technicians work 10 times more than usual. So me and another colleague of mine, working as a technician as well, went straight into the main office and reported what an a--hole A was. So in the end, he got fired. Everyone was happy and I loved my job again. B)

I hate my job. Really.. Though it's not really a job.. I'm a student, and like any other student, I HATE SCHOOL. Lol..But really, I used to have a job until I was fired. I was working in some computers center and was paid about $20 every week.

I loved my Job (McDonalds :)) and I tried hard. I got up at 4:30 in the morning, and got off a five for 7/hr CDN, I soon got promoted, made friends, fell in love, it was a home away from home. When I say that I truly mean it. My mother and father managed it and then my father went off his medication. That is when It all started going down. On the 2cnd, I took a shift for the person I love and didn't get "Manager Verification" for it. It supposedly was on grill, which I don't know. So this was going to get me a Matt in a two week suspension. So, I escaped and covered the shift, giving Matt a no reason to get suspeneded and, then my father is like, " Yours an ahole, why the -censored- would you do that?" So then I got no food, and no electricity, only water and the money I had earned for McDonalds. Then father is like You don't deserver to work there. Then I said why, and he's like your my son and you didnt get Mgr Veri and Im like, so Instead of putting me on a suspension your firing me. I got fired yesterday (jan 4th)

currently do not have a job...but i did during the summer at my old junior high school..the school i went to the year before..hehe im only 15!!ne ways when i worked there..i did not hate it one bit..because for some reason i am a workaholic..i enjoy working as long as i like the enviorment that i am in..if i do not like the enviorment that i am in i will absoloutly hate the job..like being a student in high school etc.. people concider that a job...and i absoloutly hate it because of the enviorment that i am in..but i still try my hardest at it (and get str8 A's might i add) but the whole point is that..no matter what job i have i will like it as longas i am in an enviorment that i like.,.for instance im going to become a forensic scientist...i like law..i like science..so i will enjoy the job becuause of the enviormentif anyone has seen NCIS i love that show!! abby is hott!

I have a wife and a 6 year old daughter I work night shift at Kroger on the stock crew we have to bust our a@@es on a nightly basis just to get done with the gigantic loads that come in and to get our back stock turned and the store has to look PERFECT in the morning so we have to face everything up and block everything down (conditioning) I make 7.65 an hour and I've been here for a f@!#ing year! I got voted stocker of the period because I run around like a damn slave in that sh*&thole place so I can get a pathetic 300 dollar check.. oh but I was sick last week and called in on a wed. so my check was 240 dollars.. well I've got 250 dollars worth of bills this week.. which is gonna get paid because my wifes check will be about 130 bucks.. but then that leaves us with like 120 bucks for food/gas/household stuff like toilet paper and detergent etc... I can never do anything fun, I can never buy anything I want or do anything I want except work and eat and sleep and pay bills.. they promised me a raise to almost 10 bucks an hour (maybe like 9.40 or somthing) but havent given it to me still.. so F it.

McDonalds person: you rock. Wow, did that series events suck or what? Anyway, chin up, you're needed in better jobs out there. As for me, my job sucks (whine whine) because my best efforts are often rewarded with some kind of undeserved suspicion or something. Is it me? I don't know. I work like a dog (usually) and get heat anyway. I'm trying to change my ways to swim with the current and not against it, but when I feel this discouraged, it's a complete fight. Oh well, back to it. Power to the people!-witheld

I hate my job!!!!!!!!!! The money is great but I'm thinking more and more everyday that it's just not worth it. I have to put up with a know-it-all who knows nothing. I have more experience in my little finger than he has in his whole body with the business. This is not an opinion or being egotistical, it's the straight truth. This makes it even more frustrating. It's a granite/marble counter top business which is hard, heavy, nasty, cold, dusty, work. This stuff averages 20 lbs a square foot...imagine a 40 square foot top...800 lbs!!! I'm getting way too old for this crap! I'm a shop manager which means nothing,I still have to bust my you know what and after two years of false promises about that office and desk I am just so sick of it! The problem is that it pays better than almost any job in my area. Stuck and Frustrated!!!!!

I hate my sucky job with the City of San Bernardino. The city manager couldn't run a McDonalds and his fat ugly assistant can't even answer the phone. Every department head and every supervisor is an untrained government slacker who doesn't understand the first thing about positive motivation of employees. After four years I'm only on the 2nd step of a 4 step pay schedule. Raises are just something they tease you with when they aren't threating to lay you off. They want me here 5 days a week so I can't work another job but they will only give me 35 hours a week so they don't have to give me benefits or paid holidays. In fact they expect me to work extra long hours today (Friday) to make up for the time I missed yesterday for Thanksgiving, while they enjoy their paid, four and a half day long weekend which started when they all left me alone Wednesday at noon. And don't even get me started about how, as a single parent they wouldn't let me have off the night of my only child's highshcool graduation. No only is San Bernardino a crime infested sewer pit full of scum bag gangbangers and low life illegal aliens, it's a terible place to live and to work.-Angry Worker Bee