xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gameratheart

Mmorpgs - Is There An Easy Way To Make Them? thats easy to understand?

I know this may not be a question directly related to RPGs, but I couldn't find a better place to put it, so if there is a more appropriate place, please move it for me. Thanks!

Ok, I've got a question. As an amateur programmer, I have found many ways to make some different games that are of mixed levels of professionalism. My favourites are RPGs, and I'm working on this really big one that I hope to make into an online game sometime.

This has lead me to a very big question. Recently I've noticed the shear amount of Rpg's people have made that are online, and many are multiplayer. I am especially keen on the MMORPGs, as I like the idea of player interaction and trading systems, et cetera, et cetera, but all the programs I have used to make RPGs are single player, and I want to know if there is a way to make MMORPGs.

If you think you can help me, please post here. I don't mind having to do any hard work, but I want to be able to have a basic understanding of the idea. So all help appreciated. Thanks!

-NDPA

I don't know much about programming online games, but I do know that it requires a lot of dedication. Ya know, making sure that there aren't any glitches, exploits, bugs, hacking, managing PR, etc. Good luck.

Thanks for your positive reassurance, Zerohawk. But I really do need help on this topic if I am to proceed...

While I can't help you personally, I can tell you, if you want to start a RPG up, you are gonna need more people to be able to get it started. Programmers, and then modellers, and all sorts of other people. And then a design document, saying basically, what you want the game to be about.It is a difficult ride, and you need to spend some money, but overall, it will probably get you soem good experience.

D'oh! If that's the case, I'll have to wait a few more years until I get the money.I'd just like to say at this point tat there seems to be a little misunderstanding. I am already working on my RPG but it is single-player at the moment, and I want to know if there is an easy way to make it into a multiplayer.

Then you might as well close this topic. If there is no way to create an MMORPG easily, then I don't want to talk about them anymore.