xisto Community
Avalon

A New Sig with some new brushes

OK, I admit it, I was bored so I made a new sig. Found myself a few new brushes to play with. Now that I'm using PS CS, compatible brushes are easier to find.

I think I'm still struggling to get some depth in my backgrounds. Let me know what you think and how I can get the depth. There are 10 layers of brushing, do I need to do more? B)

Posted Image

I guess the depth is ok for this one. But, i think the render could be better blended. I found it better to add a layer mask on the render, and start brushing around the render, in the layer mask. Instead of using the polygonal lasso tool, feather, then apply the layer mask.

well working with fractals thats the tricky part, to do the depth thing you need to work with several brushes on each layer alternating colors, but you the keey is thought you want to find brushes that give depth into themselves you notice in some of my sigs that I did that and that you need some good grunge brushes to help blend in the sourrounding areas of the depth brush that you use.But for this sig if you take the right grunge brush and and brush it in the right spots you might get the effect your looking for.'Other Then that it look pretty good, blend ing the render jsut a bit and it its even better.

Instead of using the polygonal lasso tool, feather, then apply the layer mask.

206291[/snapback]

You are spot on, that is exactly how I have been blending my renders. The technique came from a tutorial on here somewhere, I guess it's time to graduate up to a new technique. Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give them a try.

[wanders off searching for brushes with depth....] B)

First thing I noticed...his head is transparent. Try to blend so that that won't happen. I usually blend a lot on the bottom of the render, and I try to avoid the top.Another thing I'd recommend is choosing a brush and color that will complement your render.