xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amhso

Ftp And Cpanel Not Working read my previous threads

Alright, I've had enough of this. In my other thread about this issue, your other moderator told me to try logging in by IP. Now you closed the other thread because now you don't want me to login by IP, and that's the onyl way I could. At the moment, only IP works. logging in to ftp by spudguns.trap17.com doesn't work, nor does cpanel. I can login by IP to both FTP and Cpanel. But if i change anything when I'm logged in like that nothing changes. I guess it's time to switch hosts, 3rd thread now.

amshoDon't know what to tell you. I don't have any problem logging in to c[anel or ftp. Is it an IP issue at your end? There have been few other problems. Most of the other problems has to do with the credit standing of the members involved. Check your credits and see if you are over +4, wait an hour once you get there and try again.

i have 8 credits. I can view my site, just i can't login to administrative stuff. I was talking about logging into the IP of their server.

Alright, I've had enough of this. In my other thread about this issue, your other moderator told me to try logging in by IP. Now you closed the other thread because now you don't want me to login by IP, and that's the only way I could. At the moment, only IP works. logging in to ftp by spudguns.trap17.com doesn't work, nor does cpanel. I can login by IP to both FTP and Cpanel. But if i change anything when I'm logged in like that nothing changes. I guess it's time to switch hosts, 3rd thread now.

206224[/snapback]

It would seem you are a little agitated amhso, this will not encourage people to help you.

I had a similar problem where I used IP to login to FTP and cPanel, today I finally figured out what is happening. I used IP to login when I first joined because it allowed me to login before my top level domain became active, ever since I have been using the IP to login. Lately I had noticed that none of the files I was uploading were visible on my web site, just like the problem you are having. Then I tried using my domain name to login and hey presto, everything was working.

I think what has happened is that with the recent server change, (you may have heard of this) there has been an IP change. So why does the old IP appear to still work and allow you to login you ask? I think the old server must be still online and active, however, the nameservers are pointing to the new server. Therefore, you are uploading files to the old server yet trying to view them on the new server when you type in your url for your website.

So we now have a feasible explanation as to what is happening, how do we fix your problem?

The old IP, (and probably the one you are using) is 69.50.188.18, the new IP is 64.69.35.175 Try using that IP (if you're not already) and see if you can see the files you upload. When you want use your sub-domain to login, make sure you are using ftp.spudguns.trap17.com for ftp and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for your cPanel. I have tried it and it seems to work, of course I couldn't actually login. I could only get to where it asks for a password, the fact it asks for a password suggests to me that it works.

If possible, I suggest you use your sub-domain where ever possible to login. If you do, you should not have this problem again if the servers are changed as the nameservers will presumably be pointing to the correct server.

I hope that helps. B)

NOTE TO MODERATORS: The information contained in this post is now incorrect due to the IP change. This no doubt will be confusing a lot of people so you might want to edit the post so it shows the correct IP. Perhaps a general message/email to all users about using IP addresses to login might also stop some confusion. I have seen a few posts about people having problems logging in to cPanel and FTP, this might be the reason.

64.69.35.175 only goes to Xisto's homepage. ftp.spudguns.trap17.com does not work for ftp connection and spudguns.trap17.com/cpanel nor spudguns.trap17.com:2082 work for cpanel.

64.69.35.175 yes it goes to Xisto homepagespudguns.trap17.com/cpanel is working for me (try too put www. befor it)spudguns.trap17.com:2082 doesn't work for me eitherftp.spudguns.trap17.com is working for me.i think the problem is at your side, check your internet settings maybe you got something wrong there.

Alright, I've had enough of this. In my other thread about this issue, your other moderator told me to try logging in by IP. Now you closed the other thread because now you don't want me to login by IP, and that's the onyl way I could. At the moment, only IP works. logging in to ftp by spudguns.trap17.com doesn't work, nor does cpanel. I can login by IP to both FTP and Cpanel. But if i change anything when I'm logged in like that nothing changes. I guess it's time to switch hosts, 3rd thread now.

206224[/snapback]

It got closed because you posted in something that said it worked???

The first one did. It worked temporarily. I can't use spudguns.trap17.com/cpanel nor ftp.spudguns.trap17.com . I keep getting connection refused from host. Is there a filter running that is blocking my IP?

I think the reason it was closed because another moderator thought that the problem was resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Right now, I don't quite understand your problem. Does http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ appear, and your password doesn't work, or is it that http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ doesn't even load?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ works for me, and so does http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Perhaps it's a proxy setting? In Internet explorer, go to Tools> Internet Options, click on Connections > Lan Settings and see if any of the checkboxes are checked. If they are, un check them and try it. If that makes your internet fail totally, go to the same place again and check the checkbox again. I'm not sure what else will affect your connection with cpanel.

If no one is reading the announcement (titled Server Shift Complete) on the very first topic of each key forum sections, should I even bother in the future?

The new IP for your hosting is 64.69.46.210 and you were trying to access your account using the old IP or during the server migration.

Topic resolved. Thread closed. PM mod/admin if you need this topic to be reopened.