xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DogEater008

Mysql Help

I tried to upgrade my coppermine photogallery by usiing fantastico, and but then it gave me an error.. i tried to follow their instructions to reinstall the backup, but i need help.If you don't have SSH access, ask support to help you:- Remove the directory /home/blah1234/public_html/forum- Untar /home/blah1234/fantastico_backups/forum.backup.1132357531.tgz- Empty the database blah1234_smf1- Import the file /home/blah1234/fantastico_backups/forum/backup.sql into the database blah1234_smf1- Move /home/blah1234/fantastico_backups/forum to /home/blah1234/public_html/forumMy question is, how do you empty the database and import the backup.sql file? I tried to download the backup.sql file to my computer, and i tried to view it with notepad, but nothing appeared.Will any of my data get lost? Right now my disk space is -0.04 mb.

i deleted my smf database but i made a backup sql file.. but for some reason. .it doesn't show the "connection strings"

for example (this is the connection strings for a different database)

Connection Strings	Perl	$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:blah1234_auct1:localhost","blah1234_auct1","<PASSWORD HERE>");	PHP	$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "blah1234_auct1", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());mysql_select_db ("blah1234_auct1");  JDBC (may not be available)	<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>                Connection connection = null;               Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();               connection = DriverManager.getConnection(                  "jdbc:mysql://localhost/blah1234_auct1?user=blah1234_auct1&password=<PASSWORD HERE>");

I restored the database, but for some reason i still get this error

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.