xisto Community
moogie

My First Sig - Please Critique but be gentle please

I've taken the plunge and made a sig, and my inspiration to do it came from all the great sig makers on this forum. It's a bit intimidating not only to post it but then to go ahead and actually ask for comments. But here we go...

Posted Image

i say it pretty good use of filters, i would have done something else with the text, do a little cursive to it and then outer glow it as well. good start in blending images as well. Don't forget your border as well.Also i think a nice Light blue as a overlay color would have good with this or or a bright color just cuz of the serentiy of the images that you used.7/10

I don't do graphics, so I don't know about the particulars. Only thing I know is that is a nice sig. At least I like it. Don't get me wrong, I like the techno/grunge or what have you that is commonly done on this site for sigs, but this one presents the images nicely. Perhaps a border and larger text , but those can be overdone as well. Nice job.

Thank you to both of you for the comments. I've added a border and made the text a bit larger and added a bit of an outer glow to the text. Not sure the I got the blue color overlay quite right, but here it is again

Posted Image

Moogie, very nice job for a first sig. I don't think that is the 1 pixel border SM had in mind. If you are using Photoshop, I think this is the border he meant.Add a new layer above all the other layersPress Ctrl+A to 'select all'Go to edit menu then 'stroke''Stroke' the sig with a 1 pixel black inside line.That will give you a 1 pixel black border around the sig.If you are using Paintshop, I can't remember how to do it the easy way, but you can always draw a 1 pixel line around the sig with the pen tool.Read some of the tutorials here for tips on using borders and text, they are however aimed at Photoshop users.