xisto Community
mruu

Can We Really Make Money Online?

Actually, you can make money online, but it's not as easy as <- snipped -> and reading emails. You have to work for it...like any other job. Here's how you do it:1. Create a website with rich content.2. Submit your site to Google.3. Wait until a bunch of sites link to you because you have good content.4. Install Google Adsense.5. Write more content.6. Watch your money grow.Follow this step, and you should be making quite a few bucks each day. Right now, I am making around 30 bucks a day with Google Adsense (my site has only been up for a month). I will make more when sites link to me, and I get a higher pagerank in Google.The key, however, is to update your sites regularly to keep your site fresh in Google and to keep your visitors on their toes.Good luck!}

snlildude87, your site looks pretty cool. I'll browse it some more when I have more time. I also like your idea with that Google adsense stuff. I'll have to check it out. Thanx! B) Anyways, back to the topic: I did one of those "get this gift free" deals where you have to sign up with all these offers, and that's another way to make money. You have to be careful which companies you sign up with, and document/make copies of everything. I did mine with a company called Click 123, Inc. (or 123 Click, Inc - something like that), and they'll do pretty much everything to avoid paying you your money. After 3 months of hounding them for my free gift (total retail value $699), they exercised a clause they had in their Terms of Service and cut me a check for $500 (it said something to the effect of - you will be awarded the gift or a check for $500 -- it's up to them). Anyways, all in all, I can't complain. Some companies are a little better when it comes to customer service. There's a user forum that discusses a number of these companies claiming to give away free stuff, and whether or not they are legit / the experiences of some of the users. I'll see if I still have it bookmarked and post it soon. This is just another way to make money on the web. Just make sure you read and SAVE the terms of service before you sign up. Also, be sure to read other users' experiences and what they went through so you'll know exactly what to do.Hope this helps.

Its definately possible to make money online, but the problem is many of the survey and paid-to-surf sites are scams.Personally, I've never actually tried one of the website the requires you to pay for them to send you surveys to make money off of, so I cant vouch for their integrity. But I made a few dollars of a free survey site and they actually sent me a payment through paypal too. Don't ask for the address because its been months and I've forgotten it Unfortunately the stopped sending surveys after awhile but it was good while its lasted. On the other hand, most of the paid-to-surf programs never worked out for me...In my experience with them I found it impossible to earn their minimum requirement for them to send me payment. They either have a ridiculously low rate like 3 cents an hour or a ludicrously high minimum payout amount like 20 dollars. Sure its probably possible to make money, but it would take ages. Not to mention half the paid-to-surf programs load your computer with spyware and junkBasically I don't think any of these online programs are worth a second look because frankly they are just a waste of time. But to answer your question, they aren't all scams. I always say, if you need money get a job...don't rely on the little change you can scrap up online.

Here's the website I was talking about:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It looks like their forum got hacked though. I hope it gets back up and running -- it had a lot of valuable information. Anyways there is still a lot of good information in the other pages, including pictures/evidence that people got their rewards (i.e., checks, the merchandise, etc), participating companies, and FAQs. If anyone decides that this is something they want to try, feel free to post questions. I'll be more than happy to answer them. B)

I forgot to add that, if a company sends you the gift instead of money (you usually have a choice), you can always sell it on ebay. Some people have received ipods, computers, laptops, pda's, and they've either kept them because they really wanted it, or they sold it on ebay. One person even got a 400 dollar dyson vacuum. They pay for shipping and everything. Like I said before, I've only done one of those offers, and I got a 500 dollar check. Not bad for only a couple hours of my time. B)

Here's the website I was talking about:

[url=http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It looks like their forum got hacked though.

why would you promote a website that you had to annoy for 3 months just so they would live up to their end of the bargain?

you did the right thing to hound them, but why promote them or do business with them again? i'm sure there are a lot easier ways to earn gifts and cash.

i personally don't like the sites that offer gifts or cash because you need to sign up for offers or trials and most of them want you to start trial with your credit card. if you forget to cancel then you will be charged. or they require you to be on a mailing list and then just get spammed with offers you never wanted in the first place.

it works for some people i guess because some money or gifts is better than nothing.

if you want free gifts though, there are many compaines giving away free gifts just for requesting them. they make their money by putting you on a mailing list in hopes you will be from them in the future. look for THOSE offers. they are all over the place. i have recieved things for free with a worth around $20 while only paying a small shipping and handling. but i have an email dedicated to those free offers so i don't have to look at the mailing list they put me on.

if you do your research, one can recieve at least a couple hundred dollars in free stuff per month(some offer free shipping) and if you want the cash, just put it up on ebay like you stated to make $50-$100 a month depending on shipping costs and price of biddings

that takes a lot of time and effort though. my time is more valuable so i don't get the free stuff anymore. nor would i waste my time with ebay which is overpopulated and over rated. although you can make money in ebay, it's a very tricky business

with ebay, i would say one is better off auctioning off things for very cheap to lead the viewers to your website. that way you can put THEM on a mailing list and resell them im the future. why pay for high listing prices if you can sell directly on your website also, ebay is double charging you through the final bidding cost+paypal payment....ebay i am sure will think of a way to triple charge their customers in the future.

to each their own though. a lot of people are making money off ebay so i wont down 'm too much...there are easier ways tomake money though....

I know that all those free gift things work. Well most, like the ones of gratis gifts. You can do those and then sell the product that you receive for money. Or you can just use them.

Also like snlildude87 said, making a website with lots of content and well done layout, can earn you lots of money. Many people on the net with 6-12 quality sites that are well maintained earn up to 6 digits of $$$ a year. check out http://www.problogger.net/ . That's mostly blogging too!

How much money are we talking about here?

207098[/snapback]

obviously not that much when someone with 15 posts under his belt posts a ridiculous post to not only get free web hosting, but people to join under him in his start page program which does NOT make much money

the way it works is people put up a whole bunch of ads from compainies that pay for page views. you put them all in one page so you get paid for all of them at one time for each page view. you then join 10 or so start page programs( a program where you put your home page linking towards other memebers advertisements. for each couple pages, you view, you get 1 credit which shows your own page for each credit you racked up. the secret is to have people join below you because you hardly make JACK refreshing your browser 30 times a minute(while you have 10 tabs open...1 for each start page program you joined). you make the most money by recruiting suckers to spend 2 hours a day doing this.

you can make money, but the problem is that people get burnt out doing that and eventually quit. since he relys on the credits earned by those he brought in, instead of making a whopping $10 a day, he will soon quit himself and start working at mcdonalds where he can earn even more money.

please please please.....NOBODY be fooled by these people or the sucker programs they support. if you want to make $10 a day....then ignore this post because the majority wont ever make more than that visiting sonics webpage that has no content whatsoever and who wants to bring suckers in to believing they can make decent money.

i've only been on this site for a few days now but i am sadened to see how a select few people are so eager to promote CRAP PROGRAMS and fooling people on Xisto.

i believe the moderator here should become more active.

btw- it's true that anyone went to the above link, you did make this guy some money.....probably less than a penny....so if that intrigues you, please ignore this post

I think if you are lucky then you may earn some little money max 10 bucks. And then I think thats there is no way to earn more money than that. And one thing too, evry time I have tryed to earn some money then I have faild as you. So I dont think that it easy to earn money on Internet. It much much better to get an easy job and earn much easier money than on the Internet. So this is what I think after my experience.Get a real job, beacuse its much much harder to earn than on the Internet. :/

I have always failed at making money on the internet too! You would need a huge website to make money off of advertisements. Even then, you wouldn't make enough to make a living off of your profilts from advertisements!