xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9khonnei

Inside Microsoft's Xbox 360

Intresting... I wonder how the PS3 Will compare to the Xbox 360.

207437[/snapback]

Let's just wait for anandtech to rip the new PS3 apart, then by then we should have a good picture of which would be a better buy. B) But till then, computers are still my main choice for gaming. B)

Ps3 i hear will come out when Halo 3 comes out. So hmm i guess microsoft sorta planned this to try to make Sony lose some customers. I didn't research on this just a rumor basically. If someone can verify tihs it would be great.

It is true, I read it also, but its not going to stop me from getting the Ps3. (like I was going to get it as soon as it comes out anyways... Lol)

Here is a good microreview of Xbox 360 :<<The good: All games in high-definition; excellent user-friendly Dashboard interface; built-in support for wireless controllers; excellent online gaming and communications via Xbox Live; backward compatible with many (but not all) original Xbox titles; doubles as superior digital media hub and Windows Media extender; $399 bundle includes key accessories.The bad: First wave of games is somewhat anemic; noisy exhaust fan; no built-in wireless networking; only three USB ports; no support for next-gen HD movie discs; no DVI or HDMI output; doesn't upscale DVDs to HD resolution; gigantic oversize power supply; price will almost certainly drop.The bottom line: While it's missing a couple of potentially important features at launch, the Xbox 360 delivers the power and performance of a high-end gaming PC, including impressive digital media and networking features.>>

My bets are on PS3. With PS2 and Xbox competetion Xbox had the lead in technology but PS2 had the lead in the sheer number of games available. But with PS3 sony will have advantage in both these sides. I heard somewhere that more than 160 games are already in developement for the PS3 and that;s imply sweet. Its just like Bill Gates said " We have a Ferrari and they(Sony) have a Ferrari. But we start our Ferrari's before they do to get some lead". Well that's the only lead they are ever gonne get coz the Xbox 360 simply raised thehype for PS3 and @Bill they got something way better than two of your Ferrari's put together.- FreeSoul

Now thats intresting pic.... I'm perosonally not going to get either because I'd rather just use my PSP.. I may get one in the future when the prices have gone down and the games are better done. I find that when they do release a new console or anything they always seem to rush the games or leave something out. This firstly from the PSP when they released their games they didnt have enough and the ones they did have just did not cut it, but now they are great.

It is a very powerful gaming console, but buggy as well I heard. Many of the first peolple in line who got their chance to pick up and buy the release of the Xbox 360 have had issues such as the game crashing, and even freezing at the start up during the display of the Microsoft screen. It could be possible that Microsoft sent out this early release as a way of getting the public to test the system to report it's problems. If this is the case, then they are similar to lab rats.Sony on the other hand seems to be waiting silently before it releases the Playstation 3. They have to remain competitive with technology, but most of all with the quality and feel of the gameplay. They had a great start off with the Playstation 2, but gradually the games were not as good. Meanwhile around 2000 and 2001, Microsoft was releasing games that were not as great as the Playstation 2 games, yet it's processing power was far more higher.Now the Xbox 260 has four Pentium 4 CPUs (so I heard), and a custom made ATI graphics card, that ATI granted all the rights to Microsoft to play with in order to gather a business partnership. I hope ATI doesn't get screwed with this offer they are granting. It could mean very large financial loses if Microsoft chooses to take advantage of them, just as they tried against Nvidia. Then again, business is business, and history has a tendancy to repeat itself, especially when it comes to Microsoft and it's business deals with other companies.

Well i was watching some channel...dont remember...but they said that the xbox 360 had a Pentium 3 3.2 (wow). Well why would you destroy a x-box 360 when you can sell it on e-bay for $1200 and then just buy a kick a$$ computer. With all that money you could get like a $500 video card and a AMD Athlon 64 4.7 and a awesome motherboard, 4 gig of ram, and a bunch more...so really why would you destroy it when you can sell it? Just stupid....man i would spend it on a computer...hehe. Wouldnt you. You could run games better then the x-box 360.