xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kservice

Is Sony Hdrhc1 Camcorder Really That Good?

I've read many reviews about the Sony camcorder Hdrhc1 and it seems like it is great amature camcorder for HD and quality is unbeatable. I really want to purchase this camcorder but I'm afraid I will regret it. Does anyone have any comments on this camcorder or prefer something else? The street price i found from cnet was bout 1700 and Newegg has it for about 1600 with free shipping... Is that a good deal?

http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=10

kservice

HDV 1080i is more than twice the lines horizontally and twice the width vertically. That is about 4 times the picture information over DV. If you have 4 times more info, what do you think The gotcha here is editing. New editors for Sony, Adobe, Avid, and others now do HDV. The system requirements are high, so to edit, you may need to look at your computer. Not sure about this camera, but the 3 chip HDV Sony's allow you to record in standard DV too or export as DV. Another consideration is that for the interim, you will need to either write your edited product to DVHS, a format that will only play on a PC (or HTPC), or downconvert to MPEG-2 for DVD. If you have a plan on how to play it back, you can then find a fit for software. And when you find software that fits, you can then determine what you may need to do for any computer upgrades, if any, that will help. andrescasta