xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
baneizalfe

I Hate My Professor My Professor sucks

I hate my trippy stupid ready-to-retire profesor. He still thinks that we should be programing in FORTRAN! He's nuts! First i felt sorry for him when i saw him, because he had had an acident, en there fore in order to keep balance on his feet he must turn his hed left-right all the time!But he's still an idiot

Turn his head left and right? I'm almost scared to ask what type of accident.Anyway it's the same with a lot of proffessors. You should wait till you get to university, if your not in there already. Alot of the profs there don't even teach properly. Most just read notes they put up on the OHP and don't even stop to let us finish writing our notes or ask questions.Or there's the ones that write out the notes on the OHP and they only ever do it for a really long formula they want to 'teach' you. Thing is they write it so fast your brain feels like it's about to explode and your hand suddenly combust from all the rubbing it does on your notepad as you frantically scribble down gibberish.Bah. Lucky we have an online system where the lecturers put up the notes so we can download them and then look at them later. Thank you technology.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about horrible college professors....I had this one lady for one of my Psych classes.....she did nothing but read from PowerPoint presentations for each and every one of her lectures. And to top that off, she would read them extremely fast, and if anyone asked her to go back, she would sit and lecture the class about "how this is college, and that we all should be able to keep up". After mid-terms, no one had higher than a B- in that class (I wish I was making this up because it sounds pathetic, but it's true!!). Lucky for us, she got fired for some reason that we were not informed about, and we got a new prof for the remaining 4 weeks of the semester. He was a total 360 from our old prof.....he gave us all copies of the notes that he read from each class.....each of the remaining quizes were made directly from the notes, and the final....you guessed it......exactly from the notes he gave us!! Easiest A I have ever recieved in my life!

.....she did nothing but read from PowerPoint presentations for each and every one of her lectures.

206060[/snapback]

Ah-ha! I have one like that right now, for Database.. she learns this stuff one chapter ahead of us, I swear. Goes over powerpoint presentations that actually came with the book, although she just read the chapter the night before. It's not uncommon for her to look at a slide for a second, say, "Huh.. that's stupid.." and skip it without even covering it. XD

Ah.. and to top it off, the projector sits on a little table, and she sits on the table with it.. swining her legs back and forth, so that the projection of it on the wall nods up and down the whole time.

But then.. those days are better than the ones where she comes in, goes, "Ah.. I don't feel like teaching anything today, so.. you're dismissed!" (And considering it's my first class of the day... there goes my extra hour of sleep)

For some odd reason, I took Chem over summer this year. Well, I thought maybe there would be a little chance of being fun. Yeah, right! Not when my professor barly speaks english, doesn't answer my questions (every time I ask him a question, he tells me to ask the tutor center... Isn't it your job to help students?). During the lectures, he gives us problems like 1+1... But on the exams, there so extreme! Clearly, he doesn't prepare us for anything. Our last test, the class average was a 60%... We need a 70% to pass! On top of it, he doesn't response to anyone's e-mails. This guy should not being teaching.  And if you guessed it I was failing, the answer is yes. Hope you guys have a way better time than I did.

just needed to ventI Hate My Professor

I have never had any professors seriously angry with me let alone yell at me. I know and understand the situation is caused my failure to communicate and quickly take necessary actions. So I was going to keep it to myself but I couldn't handle the anger that was boiling up steadily afterwards. For me meeting with the professor and talking to resolve the issue on my part took me a lot of courage. I am not here to say that I blame the professor for being angry with me because I have accepted the fact that  it's my fault and responsibility and that I was ready to accept whatever consequences that follow. Hoping that maybe the professor would be a little more understanding, I suggested a possible solution, which the professor completely flushed down the drain. Like I said her anger is understandable, and I deserve all of it, but I'm still a person with feelings. I don't expect treat me with courtesy considering her anger, but I don't think that means I deserve to be treated like a total dumb***. Well if that was the intention, then what a complete success. After the meeting I felt like a hopeless failure who doesn't deserve to live. The thought of ending my own life wouldn't leave my mind.  My behavior is unacceptable as a student I know that's why even though it might be too late I tried to clean it up. I went to another professor with the same problem but this time after the meeting I ended up feeling comforted, encouraged, and even motivated to work harder with the remaining sessions of the course. Being smart doesn't mean you'll be an excellent teacher. A teacher is not only someone who transfers knowledge to students but they also act as guides and friends if necessary. I don't expect to be friends but I just wanted to say what was in my mind without much restraints. 

-reply by depressedstudent

I have on professor I hate especially, the guy continuously adds more work to his assignments on the day it is due just to make us suffer more. I mean jeez, you would believe that sort of thing shouldn't be allowed within schools and untop of that, he doesn't even teach us any programming none not so ever, he assumes that we know everything via our other classes so he just provides work.... its such a pain...

Can a prof. give another student your test grade... or your homework to give you?I Hate My Professor

I was failing one class... So I decided to skip the final and focus on my other classes. This prof. Gave all my homework and my tests to another student in the class she thought I was friends with..  Isn't there some sort of policy where that is my personal belongings... I mean thats my grade and now its out there.. Along with all my homework. ?? does anyone know if this is okay for her to do.. Shouldn't I be mad... Should I say something?

I hate my stupid professor! His lecture sucks, I couldn't understand his words most of the times because he has a strong accent. Most importantly, he humiliated me about my response in front of everybody, and he gave me very low grade on team avtivity! I really hate him, and don't know why the school hired him!