xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

Age Of Empires 3 What do you think?

I have been an avid player of Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion for a year or two now (my nickname is _xl_TyIza3L_lx_ on the MSN Gaming Zone if you're familiar with it). But with the arrival of AoE3 I've been wondering if it is any good. I've tried downloading the Trial Version, but due to my graphics card not supporting 64-bit graphics, I couldn't play it.If any of you have played it, please tell me what you thought of it. Also, let me know if you play Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors Expansion, maybe we can hook up and play a game or two.

hey hi buddy! yep i have seen it and let me tell you it is just wonderful, the demo version could be played here at home but the complete version needs a bit more to get it working, i think i can die relaxed lol... and nop i dont have the Conquerors installed now...

Hey dude, I've just started playing Age of Empires 3 too. The campaigns are long.. and they seemed hard for first-timers (I've haven't played Age of Empires 2 for long already). Fortunately I'm able to recover some skills :)The graphics are cool, real cool and best of all, the game doesn't lag and slow down my computer. Warcraft III does slow down my PC :P I'm surprised Age of Empires 3 doesn't for it's high quality graphics..This game I felt is concentrating more on resource management rather than war. They have markets, mills, and all other means of resource gathering that they seem never to deplete.I'm still new on this version and have yet to explore more things. But it's certainly a good educational game, in terms of history. :lol:

...AoE3 sucks... the graphics are ok, but not nearly as good as they could be, or were supposed to be. The campaigns are, weak, hollow, and shallow, and offer very little. The skirmishes are quite boring. Balance is off. If it were released 4 years ago, it might have been good, but compared even with something like WarCraft III, AoE3 is horrible. Especially when compared to Dawn of War or Act of War.AoE3 is a peice of ****

hey hi all! i have this age of empires 3 and it is completely out of this world starting from the new stories, campaigns and the amazing graphics it has, with the age of mitology i thought i have seen all but when i first played aoe3 i felt like i was going to die and no one can take me out of my pc when playing aoe3. The requirements are not high, a normal computer of this times can hold the task of aoe3. I have an Optiplex from dell with 128 mgs of ram, a xtreme graphics 2 with 90 mgs in video and a intel pentium 4 of processor with 2.8 gs...hope it helps you

hey hi all! i have this age of empires 3 and it is completely out of this world starting from  the new stories, campaigns and the amazing graphics it has, with the age of mitology i thought i have seen all but when i first played aoe3 i felt like i was going to die and no one can take me out of my pc when playing aoe3. The requirements are not high, a normal computer of this times can hold the task of aoe3. I have an Optiplex from dell with 128 mgs of ram, a xtreme graphics 2 with 90 mgs in video and a intel pentium 4 of processor with 2.8 gs...hope it helps you

206169[/snapback]

OK, i give up. Obviously none of you have played a real RTS.

Just a question for you guys who have played it.I read a review online (I forget which site, could have been gamespot or ign...I forget where I visited half the time anyways)...and the reviewer said that Age of Empires 3 was little more than a small improvement upon Age of Empires 2 and was not nearly as good as its predecessors.Is this true? Because I saw some of the graphics and they looked absolutely amazing, I mean...I'm an old school RTS'er and looking for something that I can match up with the fun I had playing starcraft and the original Age of Empires.

Just a question for you guys who have played it.

I read a review online (I forget which site, could have been gamespot or ign...I forget where I visited half the time anyways)...and the reviewer said that Age of Empires 3 was little more than a small improvement upon Age of Empires 2 and was not nearly as good as its predecessors.

Is this true?  Because I saw some of the graphics and they looked absolutely amazing, I mean...I'm an old school RTS'er and looking for something that I can match up with the fun I had playing starcraft and the original Age of Empires.

206306[/snapback]

The reviews from Gamespot, Computer Gaming World, etc... are all generally right. IGN is a little generous.

The graphics are no better than those of BFME (Battle for Middle Earth), and the units don't even have faces (even in WarCraft III, one of the first 3-D RTS games, units had faces). Those bullets are rediculously unrealistic as well...

The Home City is a PoS that does little for the game. The campaign is very poorly done, as well being boring.

The regular game is once again, a yawn. Seem to be some major balance issues as well.

Instead of spending your hard-earned money on this PoS, spend it on something like Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, or Act of War: Direct Action. You could also wait for Company of Heroes, Battle for Middle Earth II, and Star Wars: Empire at War to come out. Any of those games are at least 50x better than AoE3.

Like CGW said, if AoE3 were released 4-5 years ago (pretty much, before WarCraft III), then it might have been a decent game, but being released now with such other great RTS titles and even better ones to come, it just flat out sucks.