xisto Community
HoRuS

Love And Work?

A few weeks ago a sweet angel entered my life, bad thing is she works the same place as I.I get a lot of "signs" from her, that she likes me more then collegues should, but this is my problem...When she signed up for the job, in her contract was a line that she never would be allowed to start a relationship or "private" friendship trough work even after 6 months after she left the job. (stupid rule :lol: ).I'm totally in love with her, but dunno what to do, since I don't want her to get in trouble, because when they find out we like eachother as much as we do, she will loose her job and credibility, but she is too sweet to let her pass... Grrrr am about to loose it lol

:) ha ha ha ha funny situation. Strange are the way and rules of employers. I can understand organization can prevent person from entering into relationship till such time you are employed but extending it for next six month :lol: I can't believe this stuff.I have also signed on dotted lines with my empoloyer that i cann't join competition for a stipulated timeframe as it may harm the company busines. But relationship ha ha ha....Jokes apart I'll suggest you give time to this relationship. You said she likes you more than a collegue. First dettermine that liking is because of your personal attributes ar professionally your standing in the organization.If it's really a genuine start you both like to make then you have to put your job at stake. Or better why don't one of you look for better oppourtunities outside your own organization.That way you will achieve your love with professional growth.

It makes me wonder what kind of place you work for, to try to outlaw something like that o.oI'd give it time.. certainly don't abondon the possibility. As KP said, if one or both of you could find a better job elsewhere, that would be a perfect solution.. but things never seem to work out well XD;Again, I guess.. it just depends on what kind of place you work at ^^;

Well it's just an ordinairy place and an ordinairy job.The 6 months rule is just way to stupid, how can they know nothing happens in those months and what if... They wanna sue her? lolAm allready searching for another job though, one with better money and less rules in the contract and I believe if I go it's the only way to keep her from trouble, since there was no rule like that in my contract B)lol employers get more sick every day

Have you told her you like her as more than a co-worker/friend? She is the only one to determine if a potential relationship is worth more than the consequences she would receive from the job (if any, how does the job know people are dating?, is the policy enforced?). However, I worked at a summer camp and there were some couples (even though it was forbidden for staff to date other staff members) that everyone knew were dating, yet no one got caught. A little karma on your side, I suppose.

employers can make you sign whatever they want but just because you sign it does not meam you can't do it. Even the non-compete clause where you are not allowed to work for a competitor is bull *BLEEP*. You can basically ignore that because it can be argued that this is a clause that tramples on your right as a person to earn a living.As for this coworker relationship, as long as it does not affect your performance on work time, you are allowed to do it. An employer cannot tell you who you are allowed to make friends with. If you get fired because of that, and make sure you get it in writing that you were fired because of that, you can sue their asses for wrongful dismissal.You have a fundamental right of freedom of association. Meaning you can hang out with whoever the hell you want. Now, I don't know where you are from but this is how it works in america.If I were you, I would go for her. It is easier to find a job than it is to find love. In the end, *BLEEP* your employer, they are *BLEEP*s for putting a line like that in your contract

It?s a very difficult situation. I suppose you have to be conscious of the good and bad things that every option could bring to you. ?Why don?t just let her know your situation? Tell her that you would start something with her but you don?t want her to be in trouble for your fault. I mean... is her choice more than yours. Anyway she knows what her contract says and if she is giving you "signs"... well, then it seems that she is more interested in you that in her job.

Love and work can never be good at the same place as it will not result in to good for you can be scolded by your boss or it can be tht u may have to give her some work or many other things at the same time u will get nervous what to do and this will make u think many points.If she was not there at tht place then u woulod have been more comfortable to get the thibgs ahead as per your own. there many more troubles when u have ur partner at the same and i feel its not good.If i am wrong then plz tell me why its right to have ur partener at the same place.If even then u love her then i feel u shld change ur office so tht u r more patient to do work.And even u can not bear a person for the whole day.A person requires break or its boredum after some time.

Omg... What kind of work is that to not let people do who like each other at work date? I think that is stupid. But oh well, I guess you either have to risk it all or try to find a new job and then date her in secret until those 6 months gone by. But yeah, I really have no idea about that. Never thought that something like that would happen, so I never took the time to think of something for it.And if you really sure that she love you, then I think it is worth risking everything. If not, then you'll just going to stay there by yourself for the rest of your life. Well, not really but it just a saying. Ahahha.

Omg... What kind of work is that to not let people do who like each other at work date? I think that is stupid. But oh well, I guess you either have to risk it all or try to find a new job and then date her in secret until those 6 months gone by.

Conflict of interest. Employers don't like the idea that you will be distracting yourself with flings in the workplace, and even worse, have it affect your work. People tend to slack off to go out and hang out with their interest more often, or waste company time and resources e-mailing each other, or not even think about work at work, spending the entire day e-flirting and spending extra-long breaks.

From a management perspective, they don't pay you to socialize.

As for this situation, I suppose that you might be doing an all-right thing seeking another job for this girl. But at the same time, you're making a dangerous move. Do you really see something going with this? Is it worth your career, taking a hit for pay and benefits? (Hopefully the next job you snag has better pay and benefits... that way you'll be moving up instead of down. :P ) I hate to bring up the other side of it, but do you really think that this has a future?

Then again, you never know until you try. B)

I'm assuming you've already talked to her and found out for sure that you both think you have something going on.

Hmm...that is an interesting situation! I know how you feel and I know it sucks. My suggestion is that you do something about it, because otherwise you'll end up torturing yourself later why didn't you do something earlier. Don't let questions like "Why have I missed that one chance!? " ruin your future life, act now! That might sound like a marketing tip, but in a way this is just the same as marketing. She is your client and you have to know exactly what she wants and what are the limits - but most importantly you have to engage and do something. She obiviously have problems with relationships at work or with people who are working with her, but you could do it completely unnoticed...I mean why should anyone know that you two are together?! I know that it is possible to make it work and if you really like her it is worth giving it a shot in my opinion.What do you have to loose? She might just like you the way you like her and is probably asking herself the same question as you do! So you jsut tkae her out and the you two make an agriement that you will be business-like when you work (believe me this can be a biiiig turn on, because you cannot kiss, touch you girl and she becomes something almost forbidden...I assure you that it will not make things worse!Well best of luck to you and again JUST DO IT!

I didn't think an employer could state that in a contract no one is allowed to start a relationship but could stipulate that if it did effect your work performance or used company resources it could be a ground for dismissal. If it's as you say, an ordinary job, and you like her, just get a better job and go out with her. Although, make sure you do it in that order, otherwise your leaving yourself to hang. Good Luck.