xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
E-Sector

An Error Has Occurred! Unable To Open Config File Help With Mambo

"An Error Has Occurred! Unable to open config file to write!" I get this message when I am trying to change settings in my Global Configuration (Mambo).Also, I can see this sentence a bit up on the page "configuration.php is : Unwriteable"How do I change this? Only one time this have worked, I tried to change the WYSIWYG Editor, I got the same message: "An Error Has Occurred! Unable to open config file to write!", but it worked!Please help me :lol:

Go to your mambo mail folder and check for configuration.php, you must change the permission to 666 or 777 according to the need. In most cases 666 is okay, but in case if it doesnt resolve that issue chmod the file to 777. It will work out. After you made changes to your site you may chmod again the file to the original 644 or 444 which is a safe permission file. Configuration.php file is located in Cpanel > public_html> Gamesector folderI hope this helps. Otherwise reply again here.

I just wanted to add more lines to my above post.You are probably asking for help : how to change the permission.As I've said go to the Gamesector folder and click configuration.php file, on right side of the Cpanel you will be able to see the properties or options of this file like DELETE | Rename file | change permission | etc. Click on change permission. And Tick all the options when pop-up to tick appear which is nothing but option to change file permission. When you ticked all the options the file permission will be 777. If you check the first two lines it will be 666.777 means All writeable.

Look here:

<?php

$mosConfig_offline = '0';$mosConfig_host = 'localhost';$mosConfig_user = 'esector_mamb1';$mosConfig_password = 'SECRET{Z';$mosConfig_db = 'esector_mamb1';$mosConfig_dbprefix = 'mos_';$mosConfig_lang = 'english';$mosConfig_absolute_path = '/home/esector/public_html/Gamesector';$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/= 'e-sector.trap17.com';$mosConfig_shownoauth = '0';$mosConfig_useractivation = '1';$mosConfig_uniquemail = '1';$mosConfig_offline_message = 'This site is down for maintenance.<br /> Please check back again soon.';$mosConfig_error_message = 'This site is temporarily unavailable.<br /> Please notify the System Administrator';$mosConfig_debug = '0';$mosConfig_lifetime = '900';$mosConfig_MetaDesc = 'Mambo - the dynamic portal engine and content management system';$mosConfig_MetaKeys = 'mambo, Mambo';$mosConfig_MetaTitle = '1';$mosConfig_MetaAuthor = '1';$mosConfig_locale = 'en_GB';$mosConfig_offset = '0';$mosConfig_hideAuthor = '0';$mosConfig_hideCreateDate = '0';$mosConfig_hideModifyDate = '0';$mosConfig_hidePdf = '0';$mosConfig_hidePrint = '0';$mosConfig_hideEmail = '0';$mosConfig_enable_log_items = '0';$mosConfig_enable_log_searches = '0';$mosConfig_enable_stats = '0';$mosConfig_sef = '0';$mosConfig_vote = '0';$mosConfig_gzip = '0';$mosConfig_multipage_toc = '1';$mosConfig_allowUserRegistration = '1';$mosConfig_link_titles = '0';$mosConfig_error_reporting = -1;$mosConfig_list_limit = '10';$mosConfig_caching = '0';$mosConfig_cachepath = '/home/esector/public_html/Gamesector/cache';$mosConfig_cachetime = '900';$mosConfig_mailer = 'mail';$mosConfig_mailfrom = 'esector@e-sector.trap17.com';$mosConfig_fromname = 'esector@e-sector.trap17.com';$mosConfig_sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';$mosConfig_smtpauth = '0';$mosConfig_smtpuser = '';$mosConfig_smtppass = '';$mosConfig_smtphost = 'localhost';$mosConfig_back_button = '1';$mosConfig_item_navigation = '1';$mosConfig_secret = '9D1Q8W6QFqlNNbfe';$mosConfig_pagetitles = '1';$mosConfig_readmore = '1';$mosConfig_hits = '1';$mosConfig_icons = '1';$mosConfig_favicon = 'favicon.ico';$mosConfig_fileperms = '';$mosConfig_dirperms = '';$mosConfig_helpurl = 'help.mamboserver.com';

$mosConfig_mbf_content = '0';setlocale (LC_TIME, $mosConfig_locale);?>Where do I change the permission? :lol: