xisto Community
ORION

Lcd Computer Screens

i just got my BRAND NEW 17inch lcd computer screen. I love it. clear picture. bright. awesome !! lemme say that again awesome contrast and colors. and the best thing of all it was a resonable price. if oyu are looking for a new moniter. look into the samsung syncMaster 712n its a good bargain.

i got a 17 in DigiSHARP Sony FlatScreen Monitor that works with any program/video game. I love it and it works for me.. it costed 500$ how much for the lcd? and is there any pictures? just wondering :-D

i got a 17 in DigiSHARP Sony FlatScreen Monitor that works with any program/video game.  I love it and it works for me.. it costed 500$ how much for the lcd? and is there any pictures? just wondering :-D

$500 dollars? is a sahme that here (Argentina) that $500 is x3 =1500 pesos <_<

For Russia $500 x 30 = 15,000 roubles, it's normal price...but price on 17" LG Flatron 1730S 400:1 82kHz 1280x1024@75 TCo'99 = $420

I don't know is that brand good or bad...But I don't like LCD monitors because they can get death pixels.If you ever buy LCD , buy the new monitor , NOT used , because you can use it little time...

LCD's are great for normal work around the Desktop and surfing the internet but they are just not substatantial for gaming, if your looking for a gaming monitor the good old CRT is the way to go <_<

at home i still use crt 21 inch sony.. max res 2xxx * 19xx pixels. max 150hz @ 800x600pix.in the office i use lcd 20" compaq w/ max res 16xx * 12** pixels and 19" sony w/ max res 12xx * 10xx pixels.means crt resolution still higher than lcd monitor, but lcd have no flicker (freq) screen, its good for eyes. :(

But I don't like LCD monitors because they can get death pixels.

Not just that, I remember my workplace having LCD monitors...we had them on almost 24/7 and LCD burnout was an issue for some of them...they just can't stand long-term use as well as CRT monitors...

...and as mentioned earlier, refresh rates on LCD limit what you can do with them. Personally I'm happy with my 22" CRT monitor...plays the games I like at a nice resolution and without ghosting :-)

The only two reasons I would switch from CRT to LCD is because it save space and is easy on the eyes. Other then that the prices just seem to keep droping so I guess I will wait it out and use my laptop before I buy a LCD for my laptop.