xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lecius

Alright This Takes Deep Thinking REAL DEEP

Well I know many of us have prob wondered this but it has been on my mind a lot lately. Who made god? It seems impossible that he was just there, does he have a mother or anything? This is a little story I heard that goes along with it.One day a old guy was walking down the beach thinking about who made god, he saw a little kid getting rid of water in a whole and the beach kept filling it up. The guy thought nothing of it and just went on with his question.Later that day the old guy was curious what the kid was doing so he went up and asked "What are you doing?". the kid replied "I am going to empty this whole". The guy knew that was impossible and said "That is impossible the beach will keep filling it up", then the young kid said "yes but I will finish it before you are done with that question"Tell me if that makes any sense and give me your thoughs about this topic.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
This is your only caution. Posting in the wrong forum section will result in warning adjustment, next time. Moving.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

No, the story doesn't make much sense in conjunction with the question. It all depends on what one thinks "God" is. If one believes God to be, for example, a supreme being that is simply a living being with a highly developed brain/existance, then it may be possible to assume that at one point or another it had a mother. However, if one believes God to be a being of supreme and eternal energy (as impossible as that may be), they could easily believe that it has always been there (especially if one would consider God to simply be a name given to all energy in the universe in general, in which case, the energy has always existed, since energy can be neither created nor destroyed, so in that case, God would have existed forever).

I was in a Roman Catholic school up until grade 5 (the changed the school system then..), so we frequently had religion-related discussions, especially in the younger grades. One day when I was in grade two, my teacher at the time asked if anyone had any questions about God. After thinking for a couple of minutes, I said "If God created everything in the universe, who created God?". Her only response was "No one knows..", and even that took her a couple of minutes.

I kindof gave up thinking about it after a while. In the Christian religion, God is an actual being, so going by logical reasoning he had to come from somewhere. But how are you ever going to figure that one out? Its not possible. You'd have to die, go to heaven, talk to God (assuming he's there), and be able to come back and tell all those other people down here wondering. You just can't figure out where something came from when you have no physical proof that it's even there.

I dont think your supposed to think so hard about the question. I think the kid means that some things you will never know. So him emptying the hole will get finished, (is possible) before the question of who made god will be answered. Thats my take, maybe i just didnt get it...

The kid says he will get done emptying the hole before the guy is done with his question even though the kid knows that emptying the hole is impossible. So the kid is saying that finding the answer to the mans question is even more impossible that emptying the hole on the beach.

-reply by just josh

I believe that humans created God out of fear. scince the beginning of time humans have always had a fear of what they didi not know (such as death) so they created God and an area for him to live (heaven) so the initial thought of God was a place a human was moved after they died. Due to this there has been some confusion and has branched out to the diffrent religions. The truth is Humans are timid and scared creatures. 

-reply by Dylan