xisto Community
_TyIzaeL_

How Did You Get Your Computer? Interesting story behind mine

Well this is just about my monitor because my computer was simply built by me with parts I bought from newegg. I bought a iiyama lcd monitor, the prolite E431s, from newegg also and after a few months the monitor starting giving me weird lines and shapes on the screen until it just totally stopped working. I tried it with other computers as well so I decided that it didn't work anymore and I called the iiyama support.They didn't ask very many questions and just told me to send the monitor to their repair center. So they took forever and I kept pestering the same support guy and a few months later I got my repairs monitor. So I plugged it back it and it works okay so I decided to update my drivers and I eventually noticed that the videos that were playing were getting distorted so I complained again to the same guy and he just got fed up and sent me a new identical monitor haha. After I got the new moniter I realized that it had the same problem, eventually I then realized that it was actually just my drivers that was causing the problem haha so now I have two identical monitors to use for the price of one. Dual monitors were awesome except I didn't really have the appropriate amount of desk space afterwards so I gave one to my parents.

Well this is just about my monitor because my computer was simply built by me with parts I bought from newegg. I bought a iiyama lcd monitor, the prolite E431s, from newegg also and after a few months the monitor starting giving me weird lines and shapes on the screen until it just totally stopped working. I tried it with other computers as well so I decided that it didn't work anymore and I called the iiyama support.They didn't ask very many questions and just told me to send the monitor to their repair center. So they took forever and I kept pestering the same support guy and a few months later I got my repairs monitor. So I plugged it back it and it works okay so I decided to update my drivers and I eventually noticed that the videos that were playing were getting distorted so I complained again to the same guy and he just got fed up and sent me a new identical monitor haha. After I got the new moniter I realized that it had the same problem, eventually I then realized that it was actually just my drivers that was causing the problem haha so now I have two identical monitors to use for the price of one. Dual monitors were awesome except I didn't really have the appropriate amount of desk space afterwards so I gave one to my parents.

I design webpages and am learning C and Java in college. So when I applied for my tax rebates, I was able to write off my brand new system ($2000+) because it was for business and school. Thank you HPBlock

Getting my most recent computer ,was a tough one. I bought it from a laptop liquidator in a city about fifteen - twenty minutes away from here. They gave me the laptop for nine hundred dollars, and I bought the end all, be all warrenty in case anything haooened. Well, first my sound card broke, so we had taken back, and they replaced the whole computer. I am now hapilley getting out of Debt on Valentines Day :(

Well my story is VERY normal and you guys probably won't feel that it's interesting at all.When I was 6, my parents knew that I had an interest for technology, and computers were starting to catch on to all homes, and my mom had also got a promotion and a lot of bonuses, and so on. I used this computer for about 4 years until it supposedly died. The next year on May 16, 2003, I tricked my mom into thinking that I needed something from Circuit City, and she ended up getting me a new computer. That computer is still alive and running, but now I have an even better computer that I got for being VERY good and getting ALL a's and some other stuff. I'm a very lucky person!

I have 2 Computers..One is old and the other is all new Computer..The New one is Gateway PC. & its pretty nice Computer with nice features.. Me and my brother bought it actually.. We were in need of a computer, because our Old one broke & we had to do some works..which need a computer.. And then we planned of buying one...First we thought of buying a Dell Computer.because of its high price we planned to buy a Gateway Computer which was on Sale.. & half the price of Dell and also has Nice Features..

My Fiance and I wanted a pc for a long time, but we just couldn't afford one. Then some idiot hit us in an auto accident and we bought a pc with the settlement. We went to a place where they built it for us, and we got the best we could at the time and made sure it was upgradable. We bought new parts later on to upgrade it and had them sitting around, then a friend gave us an old 14" monitor and we bought a used case and a cheap sound card and a halfway decent motherboard. Then my Fiance put all the spare parts together and built a second pc with it. He played a lot of online games, so he had the better one. Whenever he upgraded it, he passed the old parts down to my pc, so it got better over time. He died last November, so I use his now since it's much better than mine. Except I have a 120 G hard drive and a 30 G hard drive and he has a 80G and a 30 G hard drive in this one. So eventually I'm going to read up on switching hard drives and take the 30 G out of this one and put my 120G in here. I'll pass the other one on to his sister. She's still using a Pentium I in hers, and some other really primitive stuff. Her husband had an even older slower one that couldn't handle anything over Windows 95, and he just got a newer one that has a PII or the equivalent in it.My fiance built a nice pc for his mother before he died, and she only uses it to play solitaire on. She just hasn't gotten around to getting on the internet yet. She intends to, however. His sister and her husband use AOL, and wait forever for it to load, so they're thinking about getting a cable connection. They both use pcs at their work, so they know how the internet is supposed to load if you don't have AOL. LOL.

I needed a desktop with more power than my 700 Mhz ibook, but I didn't want to invest a lot of money into the PPC plaform knowing that Apple was switching to Intel starting this year, so I bought this Mac Mini when the models came out with 512MB of Ram. I switched to Mac beause four years ago I was going to Germany for 6 months and was coding a lot of websites in PERL, MySQL, and PHP at the time. So I wanted the Unix enviroment, but I also needed microsoft Office. Apple was offering a machine I could use all my favourite *iux applications, all my standard applications by Adobe and Macromedia and even run Windows 2k pro thanks to Virtual PC all on one laptop. Bought it, loved not dealing with the virus of the week and never looked back and have been with Macintosh ever since.

My Story Will Kill all of yours...I walked into Circet city and asked some guy who worked there what computer was good for games and upgradeable, he told me and I bought it,:lol: Beat THAT I Dare you.

I built mine about three years ago, but it has pretty much become obselite and am looking to upgrade it.

funny how i got my first computer (that i have that only i use)i have not bought a computer i have however put money into this computer but only nabout 80 bucks lol...my first computer was a toshiba thinkpad laptop. think it was a p1 233 mhz or something huge tho... like 1 gig hd at most 200 mb ram if even dont rember had a flopy tho only good for internet and tetris...pretty much gave up in that one after a while.but my next computer i kinda stole from my dad it was just sitting in a box in the attic (i declare the attic fair game... :-))but that was a p3 1 ghz 512 ram 10 gig hd wasnt that bad had a dvd player!!!then my next one was a dell inspiron 8200 which was ap4 1.7 ghzstarted with 512 ram later upgraded to a gig30 gig hdnvidia go2 or somthing graphicsdvd player very sweet machine cause i got it cause my toshiba that i "stole" just stoped working...now i have a generic pc desktop thats a p4 2.8 ghz 1 gig ram nvidia geforece 4 ti4600 3x 40 gig hds (found 2 in the attic,...) upgraded to usb 2.0 upgraded cdrom to dvd rw + - and yeah tahts about all ive gotits pretty sweet lol all the computer i got from my dad he let me use the desktop to encode movies but i ended up like this more than the laptop cause i wanted more variables to be able to mess with as far as upgrades lol

Well, my first computer was a Epson 386, with a 5"1/4 HD of 40MB, 1 mb ram, floppy and a cga monitor ( :S ) that was a amazing computer with Dosshell, without windows, without mouse, and th worst thing: a huge fan!!! (oooo i really hated that damn fan, too noisy for me) well the computer works fine until december, 2001. then it "magically" get damaged, (that happenned when i was 12 years old), then my father said that i will never have a computer again, but in the next year, he bought one, an AMD Duron 1.1GHz, 40 GB HD, 256MB ram, and CD-RW, thats the same computer that i still using on these days, but i need to change it, maybe in few months im going to adquire a new one :lol: