xisto Community
Elegost

How Many Hosting Credits Per Word?

I know this has probably been discussed before, but I wasnt able to find any thing about it. What I would like to know is how many hosting credits you get per word? Ive been told thats its .5 per word, but how can it be that I have enough for "17.31 DAYS"? It cany be .5. Just wondering...

It depends on your rank in the forums. If you have a lot of hosting credits, the amount you gain per post goes down. If you don't have as many, your a newbie, or are in the negatives, then you get a lot per post. It all varies. It doesn't really matter I don't think. The longer the posts are the more credits you get. :lol:

Elegost,If I remember correctly, that .5 credits per word was used in an example by Buffalohelp as an example only. The credit count is probably more like .05 credits per word.You know as much about the script that awards credits as anybody here. Nobody except Opaque and the guy that wrote it knows the details. All that is known for certain is that the longer the posting, the better the credit amount. Also, when you start a topic, the Title and description and the first line of the posting should "tie-in" together. That is important, too.Another known fact is that if you are caught spamming, you lose more credit than the post originally gave you. So if you spam a whole bunch, it will void out all your good posts. I am not telling you anything that I know because I am a Moderator. All this comes from reading the Forum threads.

It cany be .5. Just wondering...

is that true? i just don't know that yet.
let me tell how many credits i got.
i just posted a reply like what i'm repling now just got not 0.5 point
and you all got 0.5 credit per word???!!!
it's unjustice!.
guangdian

We could record the character count of each post and the amount of hosting credits gained. We could plot a graph and try to fit some kind of function to it based on the graph. I can provide more details on how to do this if someone wants to collect the data. Anyway, in conclusion you might not have to be OpaQue to deduce the details if the system isn?t too complicated.

I thought this was a secret. !@##1?? No one told me! Okay. it can definately NOT be .5 a word.. because I can post about 2 words and NOt get one credit. Plus one world does not deserve half a day.. Lets just leave this unknown, aye?

.. Lets just leave this unknown, aye?

205380[/snapback]

Heh.. I like your idea.. ^^

Although s243a's idea about calculations and graphing just makes a nerdy little part of my heart want to do it.. just for fun. Ah, I love graphics.. I'm such a loser ;p

B) If you are going to quote me or use my words as an example, please do it right so that incorrect information does not circulate. Refer to this thread http://forums.xisto.com/topic/29032-credit-system-how-does-it-work/ and see that I have never said 0.5 credits per word. I used 0.05 credits per word

When you are newbie, the credit system is designed you with rewarding, let's say, 0.05 credits per word (a higher credit per word/post). [Please understand that this is not how it works but I am using it to clarify myself]

Thank you. B)