xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SvVifT

Some Intresting Amusing Facts Check it out.

Coca-Cola was originally green.
The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men!

You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.

If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.

If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laserprinters all have in common?
Ans. - All invented by women.

Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

A snail can sleep for three years.

All polar bears are left handed.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

Butterflies taste with their feet.

Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.

Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'.

Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different

Notice from jlhaslip:
I've seen this before on other forums. I don't have time to track it down, but will refer you to this page first. The first item of your quote appears to be false, historically, so I doubt this rest of the page is accurate. Warning issued for plagarising.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

For your information that is wrong, it is possible to lick your elbow and quite a lot of people can. It was on 'Brainiac' once and people sent in video clips of them doing it. The one about typewriter being the longest word using the top of keys is interesting though.

Nice job!! This is a very interesting list of things that I would like to tell people about! If you can give us anymore interesting facts such as the ones that you had posted above, that would be awesome. Once again, great job and I hope to see more quality posts like this one in the near future!

I always thought that coke was green but I read on a website saying that coke wasn't ever green (Snopes.com to be exact)

This was quite interesting, and I don't think I'll ever be wearing lipstick again... gross.

If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

I also won't be doing that anymore, scary to now know because I'm always doing it.

yeah the elbow thing is false its called double jointness or triple jointness,The typewriter is funny tried it out myself.I think you misread the fact on coke, more like it had concaine when it first went into production.but some of those are pretty funny and kind of sad, why it tells you what people do on their spare time.

That's a wierd one. How are you supposed to prove it? If it's untrue, you die. But if you try, and your not suicidal, you would have to let go. Unless you pass out because of holding your breath too long. But wouldn't you let go before that? Confusing... :lol:

That's a wierd one. How are you supposed to prove it? If it's untrue, you die. But if you try, and your not suicidal, you would have to let go. Unless you pass out because of holding your breath too long. But wouldn't you let go before that? Confusing...

Well, think about it. You'll pass out before too long if your brain is deprived of oxygen. You'll pass out before you die, in this case anyways. Since breathing is an automatic function of your body (ie, you don't constantly have to remember to breath), once you pass out, you'll start breathing again, thus making it impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. :lol:

What about North America and South America? :\

Well this isn't true because of North America and South America, unless you just count the "America" part.

That's not cool. I always hold back a sneeze whenever I am at school or something. I started doing that like 5 years ago. It will come out but I will keep my mouth closed.

Pretty funny facts you found. Pretty good entertainment.

It must have to be a really really hard pressurized suppressed sneeze, because Ive sneezed really hard (specially cause I have allergies) and suppressed it many time but nothing like that has ever happened to me. Now that I know I wont do it anymore. (you know when you do something without knowing nothing ever happens to you, but when you do know the consequences or something suddenly it happens. Like the coyote when he is running in the air and he doesnt fall down until he looks down.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.

Nope, I find it hard to believe that your heart stops. If your heart stops, even for a very short while, you can get a seizure. The heart NEVER stops pumping blood around your body unless it gets a clogged artery or if it malfunctions. I find this absurd, and rather hard to believe.

I believe I heard somewhere, once, that people say "Bless you" because it was once believed that when you sneezed you were most vunerable to evil spirits that might be around. Saying "Bless you" prevents them from entering your body/soul at that moment of vunerability..

Since breathing is an automatic function of your body (ie, you don't constantly have to remember to breath)

wrong. breathing has never been an automatic fuction. breathing has always been a learned experience. although it's true, you don't have to constantly remember to breath, but it's just like saying you don't always have to concentrate on the road after taking that path several times because it seems automatic.....SEEMS. breathing is LEARNED and because of that, breathing can be unlearned. it's not a natural instinct.

North america doesn't start and end with the same letter

no, but "america" does