xisto Community
bureX

A Boy Named Google?

Taken from:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

A COUPLE in Sweden has named their new-born son "Google", reportedly because the baby's father is a search fan.
The healthy baby boy, born on September 12 this year, was christened "Google Kai" by his father who coincidentally, has a doctorate in search-engine marketing.
According to father Walid Kai, a Ph.D. in search engine marketing from Kalmar in Sweden, the name came to him as soon as he found out his wife Carol was pregnant.

"When we first knew that my wife Carol is pregnant, I said, 'we will name our child Google,'" wrote Walid in an email to who else, but Google. "Everyone laughed and did not take me seriously. My brother said, 'Yeah, name the next one Yahoo Fuji Nikon."

Walid had a small amount of trouble with disbelieving officials at the Kai's local birth registry, but he soon won them over. "I said 'Yes, GOOGLE KAI'. Carol knew how serious I am, she knows how much I adore Google services."

Lil' Google's homepage:
http://www.google-kai.com/

Crazy, or cute? You decide! :)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH :) that has to be some of the funniest stuff I ever heard I only can image what that kids life will be like."Hey kid stop indexing my site." ahahahaha :)

this is something very crazy and weird. You adore google alright but naming your child after it no joke. A name is what a person carries with him to grave. It have a significant impact on peronna of a individual. Imagine a scenariogoogle and msn fighting each other in park and altavista mediating.Knowlege Pool

all what is happening is that child is being turned into OBJECT of curosity by parents. They are cashing on it by starting blogs and websites.The more i think about it more disgraceful act it seems to me.

Ok now that's pushing it. Naming your kid Google? I feel sorry for the poor bugger.... imaging how much trouble he's going to go through... If our that upsessed with google to name your kid google, im my opinion, you've got problems. That is guite funny though.

google is a nice nameLOL
I'll call mine microsoft

Nah... I would call mine Apple. :lol:

Who would name their kid "google"? I know I wouldn't. The parents probably did it to get a ton of attention from everyone. (Obviously they suceeded because everyone knows about it)

Haha, what is the world coming to nowadays! Let's all name our children by the names of famous search engines or computer names.You could just imagine it when this Google kid is at school in Drama or performing arts."Come on everybody, look at Google".They'd probably all go for the nearest computer with internet access :) Anyway, enough of the jokes. I just think some of the names nowadays are unbelievable. This is only my opinion though :lol:.

You know what, this father has inspired me...when the time comes and my child is on its way, I've already picked out the perfect name for him/her....espnHold that thought, because I might have something better...xisto:lol:

I think it's kind of sad that parents would name their kid google. If I was that kid, I wouldn't want that name. You would probably get teased all the time for it.Even though it is sad that some parents would name their kid google, it's also kind of funny. It would be awsome if he turned out to be one of those kids that knows way to many facts. Then people could go up to him and ask him things :lol:xJedix

Well, it might be nice or not so uncool if you name your baby Google for that 'crazy' reason.

But see, in my country, Mexico, there is a very poor state called Chiapas (for all those who dont have any idea of this) which is inhabitated by a coupple of extremely poor people. They do not have any access to this kind of communication (web) nor telephone, nor TV, nor radio and most of them either have any electricity nor purified water. There are plenty of children called Macintosh, Heineken or Aniv Rev (Aniv Rev is what the calendars show for the 20 of November, the short name for Revolution Aniversary...). That might seem funny for some people, but for me it reveals how much ignorance (caused by the poverty) there is in that place...

Cheers! :lol:

Fine, the father has a passion for orientating his entire life around the services of Google, but surely naming your kid Google is going just a little too far?

Some People calling or writing asking us the reason----why? --- he will get tough school life...etc.... my answer is absolutley not if he is using Google services and Google KAI may be building new idea with his friends around The Human Psychometric and The Informational Structural Mind. Thanks.

Throughout the site he keeps mentioning that he will be fine if he keeps using Google services. Could this be a marketing ploy? :lol::)
I did notice that Google is only his middle name (his first name is Oliver) so he shouldn't get teased or anything too much.