xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bulb

Strange Bbc News Report

I was in the school network today and it cycles through the education news from BBC on the homepage. One came up about a supply teachers diary, so I thought it sounded interest so I took a look. Reading through it really freaked me out, it was like someone had written a story about a really sick school.

The Teacher says:

"I have a special educational needs group. I am surprised that I have a group of eight without any classroom support. The room is in a rather isolated location within the school with no other class within earshot or help-shot."

So it maybe a special needs group but the following I have never heard of and dont want to again.

The teacher goes on to say:

"One of the boys gets down on the floor and starts to lick my shoes. I manage to persuade him not to and as I am getting the others started on worksheets of my own, he pushes against my right arm and starts making simulated sex movements against it."

If you ask me I dont think a special needs child would do that. The report is too long for me to tell you about in this topic but its here for you to take a look at and tell me what you think, I think some of this the teacher has made up as I have never experienced this with supply teachers.

Notice from wassie:
Dont forget quote!

?!?... thats just eff-d up. the licking of the shoes a little on STRANGE side. and i agree with him ^ that i dont think special needs kids would do that.. but regardless of that, its still really strange and that school needs help, i think the teacher is in need of the special help and the kids need to learn nun-ism so they dont grow up to be "special needs" sex offenders, even though nowadays if you have "special needs" or are challenged, you can get away with anything.

what is a "Supply teacher"?

Sounds like a substitute.

Anndd.. thats kind of messed up. I really can't see a school being that bad. I mean, wouldn't it self-destruct after a very short time? There is no way 11 and 12 year olds are that disobediant in classes, because someone, somewhere, would have noticed. Maybe if it were highschool..maybe. But 12 year olds? I really can't see it...

I can't see any yr7 having the guts to call any teacher a f--ker be she a supply or an ordinary one.

this is just 9.15am and the carpeted floor is strewn with drinks cans, sweet wrappers, chewing gum and other detritus.

Whatever. I can't really see that happening. Maybe the odd one of two but "strewn", not likely. How does this teacher know that the cleaner didn't clean it up from the day before? Remember this is her first time at the school....

This article's written by some paranoid parent who's exaggerated the truth.

Maybe this is because I'm from America, and not the UK, but.. what is a "Supply teacher"?

Like a substitute. A teacher you have when your usual one isn't here.

plain crazy, it seems the teacher used the term special needs kids to get some attention. as mentioned before, i dont see 12yr olds doing such things, calling the teacher a f***** is possible, but there are things in that article that just dont get through.if the school doesnt do anything about such behaviour from a supply teacher, then the school is very wrong, it will make the school look like its supporting the teacher in his way for a cry of attention.if, and its a big IF, its all true what he said, even then the teacher is being a bad example of the term teacher, because no normal, decent teacher would make such attention public through the press, there is no official code, but even a teacher should keep such confidential information on special needs kids behind closed doors, the only thing he should have done was discuss this with the schoolboard, the parents and discuss and negotiate solutions with those kids.