xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arigato

Google Analytics

Google just launched a new service which can be found here:

https://www.google.com/analytics/

It's a great new tool especially for people who run websites like most of us here at Xisto. It provides a detailed report about our site traffic. It's based upon urchin that google acquired a while ago, which I think is the best web traffic analyzer out there until now. The best thing about this is that it is free.

Wow that is really cool! It loos awesome. I havent really had much time to explore around, but it looks really cool. Ive been waiting for somthing like this!

I tried Google Analytics too and I must say its awesome. Somebody plz tell me is this what urchoin.com was offering?! Seems that google is out to make web services free. They made KeyHole to Google Earth. What next? Google webhosting.... speaking of which there is a good amount of probability that they will.

Wow, awesome. Google just keeps adding more and more..

Find out how profitable your keywords are across search engines and campaigns. Pinpoint where your best customers come from and which markets are most profitable to you.

That's something I'd like to have.. I could really optimize my website.
EDIT:
I just tried to sign up.. this is what I got :)

Google Analytics has experienced extremely strong demand, and as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your name and email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.

Edited by rejected (see edit history)

UPDATE: google is re-opening its doors to new users, albeit on an invitation basis. https://www.google.com/analytics/

We're pleased to announce that we've begun re-opening signups for Google Analytics on an invitation basis. For more information on when you might receive an invitation, please read our Progress Updates page.

We will continue to send out more invitations to sign up as we add additional capacity to Google Analytics. If you'd like an invitation, please submit your e-mail address on our signup page.

Thank you for your patience and for your interest in Google Analytics.

i have signed up for this before there was an apparent overload. :ph34r: just begun using it this 2006 for my site though. :blink:

I signdup yesterday... it looks nice, its little confused becouse im using awStats for very long time, i didnt checked all of the featurues, it looks it have some very good, that can help you with your keywords... Goals & Funnel Process, and other nice thingies.But a lot would help something like a quick little tutorial about google analytics.Maybe google will add some small helpful thingies, like simple statistic, that will get you mail or ... etc a lot of posibilites with google.The thing that Google bought that script from urchoin.com talks of how much power google have, i would never pay for this kind of sciprts, nither do anyone who i know :lol: ... another smart move of Google !

i've been using google analytics since a long time and i must say that its pretty good and useful, especially for those commercial websites...yes, it too k me some time to get adjusted with the way the things worked and showed up in google analytics but now i m quite comfortable with ithowever, there are still some parts that i m not well acquainted with, but as time progress, i m sure i'll be able to make good use of it

Please anyone who've a Google Analytics Account please send me an Invitation so that I can also Join this service. Thanks in advance. My email id is dr.livi[at]gmail.com

it's not like gmail, as you think. google analytics invitations come from them directly, not members.

here's how to request for invitation FROM GOOGLE:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=analytics&userexp=signup&hl=en

A Google Analytics altenative ? can you or you recommend ?

there's something for BLOGS, called PERFORMANCING METRICS. currently in public beta.

What is Performancing Metrics?

Metrics is a service from Performancing that allows bloggers to see how well all their blogs are performing. Information made available by the service includes visitor and post view counts, where your traffic is coming from and what links they click on. Also recorded is advertising activity, such as Google Adsense clicks.

Unlike other web statistics services, Performancing Metrics is completely free of charge, is aimed at Professional Bloggers and caters to high traffic blogs, bloggers with multiple blogs and even Blog Networks.

start here: http://performancing.com/start-a-keyword-marketing-strategy/

Currently I use StatCounter (http://statcounter.com/; free with max log size of 100 hits), and just last night did I get my invite code for Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics/; also free, with up to around 5 Million hits/month I think). After using Google Analytics for just about two nights, I have discovered that it's way fancier than StatCounter, and takes some difficulty in doing things that I can do very quickly in StatCounter. But as I said, it is more fancier and therefore more capable.