xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Where Do You Back Up Your Info To? due to sp#2

Should I back the info up on CDs or what? I was thinking that backing up all my information and stuff like that to the hard drive wouldn't be so bright simply because if something goes wrong, I'd probably lose that too. So I am asking where do you guys back up your information to.

Hi,I back up my info on CDs. Then i try to recover it from the CDs. That is the best way to check that the back up proccess was correct.

If you don't have a lot to backup, you can use CDs as suggested by mizzako. Otherwise you can burn DVDs - neither DVD burners not the media itself are not that expensive in order not to be considered. If you have huge amounts of data to backup - the good old tapes.

I back up my info on DVD-RWs. They have a lot of space, the backup process doesn't take that long. I can erase the contents when they become out-dated(, and thus do something for the environment :rolleyes:; instead of throwing them away). Of course you could buy another hard drive, which would be cheaper in terms of GB per dollar.Probably the fanciest method is using a RAID system. You wouldn't have to pay attention to backing up your info. Everything would happen in the background, usually without perfomance impact.

You can back up stuff to DVD-R's?!! wow... right on. I have a DVD burner so yeah. I guess I should buy some of those.