xisto Community
electriic ink

Spreadinternetexplorer.com yep - at first i thought it was a joke

Spread Internet Explorer - A Rip

Yep at first I truly believed that this site was a joke when I first got there, but after looking around at some of the blog posts, I found out it was for real. Trouble is that half the people there have registered with name like IE sucks and posted things like this site is pointless which it is. Why?

How can you spread something which most computer owners already have?

Anyways there are other reasons I hate this site. It doesn't take a lot to realize that this site is complete RIP of spreadfirefox.com. Lol, some guy even posted the proof that they use linux servers :)

Aside from all of that, their aim is not to prove how great internet explorer but to prove how crap firefox is. Never have I on that site found one word of opera's bugs or netscape's problems.

Finally, there's their buttons. Take this one for example:

Posted Image

I know for a fact that most large organistaions' software was built so it would work with internet explorer. Firefox has been around for only a year now (happy birthday btw) which was long after these organisations began building their software.

Meh, this has turned into a vent more than anything else. Anyhoo here's the site:

http://spreadinternetexplorer.com/

lol.. what are they thinking. The new internet explore 7.0 might be good but not the one we're using right now. internet explore 7.0 is releasing with the new window operation systme code name longhorn.. (or vista).Yeah sure.. as they said.. 690,000,000 people use internet explore.. but as we all know.. most of the people on this earth are computer illerate. 50% of them probably dont' even know what an anti virus program is according to bbc news survey. Using internet explore is one of the reason why people get idenity theft over the internet. They dont' know how to protect their personal information and keep them safe from spyware by using internet explore. Firefox uses a different way of browsing, so it actully increases your speed which is better than internet explorer.PS. I still love opera, it's the best. =P

Are you sure its not a joke....i mean you expect a website like that to not have...well kinda informal images..theres a blog post , with a dog..with a fishing hook through its nose...its abit unrelivent to the topic :)..unless the guy is just trying to get some humour to its site...wow thats quite funny :)

I can't comment and cannot give you guys my reviews until I use Internet Explorer 7.I am not against any one, nor Firefox nor Internet Explorer. However, I would be stupid to just go by and let myself flow by the crowd yelling FIREFOX rules. I have seen firefox render so many Javascripts and CSS poorly. Some examples can be found right on Xisto.com itself.Currently, I am using Opera because for some reason I feel its more fast and safe that firefox. Well, atleast it is more resource friendly. I have tried AVANT browser which I liked pretty much, until it started leaking memory and hogged up my system with 1 GB RAM. Current Stop : Opera!Waiting for IE 7 open for public download.-Just my 2 cents..

I have seen firefox render so many Javascripts and CSS poorly.

That's more than likely cos the designers have built & tested their sites in IE only which gets the W3C specs wrong in so many ways. It's not FF rendering poorly; it's developers designing poorly. :) And little wonder that the incidence is likely to be high amongst Xisto members.

I don't really care which browser I use. The internet is the internet to me. I do believe Internet explorer is a little out of "fashion" lol but every web browser has some problems. I think part of the reason why Internet Explorer is used by so many people is because it comes standard in most computers. Most people just use what they have if they don't really use computers that much. They don't care about how well the browser reads CSS or Javascript. That's partly why IE has so many users.

I have no complaints against Internet Explorer is it good if you install all the security patches and service packs.I have one complaint with FireFox that it is slow and it is not so user friendly.I also dont have any complaint against Opera. It has a cool GUI.But what I loved was GreenBrowser it is an extension kinda thing to Internet Explorer.I loved it features.It has a hell lot of options.Fantastic GUI.Making surfing a pleasure.Try it out.Also one complaint against GreenBrowser when it isnt in a good mood it will eat up all your CPU Speed.So be careful.

Hehe.. I was gonna say, "Spread IE? Oh no, you don't want to do that..! :) "Although I will say that (as other users have stated) Firefox does seem to suck more resources than IE, and it doesn't always load sites 'properly'.. I still love them to death.Tabbrowsing is wonderful, and you can't beat all the plugins.. you can make this thing into pretty much anything you want ^^ (which might be why it takes up more of my resources than IE did :))I think the problem with IE is simply that it -is- already installed on most all computers.. and with no big competitors for so many years, they got lazy. Not having to work hard to be number one results in low-quality, sometimes.I'm interested in seeing what they come out with in version 7.0, now ^^

Haha. It turn out that spread internet explorer is just a joke Posted Image. Guess the only give away was the text on the front of the homepage:

https://www.linkedin.com/ [tab][/tab] We aim to show everyone that Microsoft rules and so do all their products and you should give them lots of money.

It's really funny actually but it's got a lot of people really pissed off haha.

everytime i say firefox sucks I always get flamed. But it does suck. It can't render pages properly even if they ARE WC3 compliant. And don't get me started on how stupid the WC3 "standard" is.My biggest complaint of firefox is that the *darn* scroll wheel doesn't work on the browser. It has NEVER worked no matter what version I have used. It is so crap. How can you design a browser where the scroll wheel doesn't work?!?!? it is so frustrating because i use the scroll wheel so much. For that reason alone, I would not use firefox.Besides that, it does not support ActiveX which many websites require for more advanced features...

I absolutely have no problem at all with my firefox. Ever since the first time explorer died on me and I couldnt install a new one, I then decided to install firefox.(I had never installed it before because I was happy with explorer and did not even need another navigator). I am glad that that happened because there are so many extensions you can install on firefox that make it great, and the themes are cool too (a must have, because I think that that is what draws people from firefox, the simple and ugly gui (kind of reminded me of windows 95 or 3.11). In this newer pc I immediately installed firefox and whenever I feel like it I can right click and "view this page in IE" in case I need to.

What's wrong with attempting to increase the publicity and general user acceptance of Internet Explorer? Personally, I don't like it or use it as a web browser, but if people can 'spread FireFox' freely, they should be able to do the same to Internet Explorer or any other software application without being riddiculed. Just because you and I don't like the current major version, doesn't mean no-one else is allowed to.

Anyway, this site does seem to be a joke, intended more to make fun of Microsoft's browser than 'spread' it. But I still think that if you make fun of or belittle someone simply because they use Internet Explorer (or because they don't use FireFox), then you are foolish and close-minded beyond words. Excuse me while I brace myself for the torrent of abuse I am bound to receive from a bunch of 13 year olds for saying that.

And don't get me started on how stupid the WC3 "standard" is.

Why not get started? No-one who actually knows anything about these things is gonna take your opinion seriously anyway.

well i tried out IE 7 it is pretty good except the stupid browser crashes on me and freezes, (stupid beta designs) but other then that havn't really had any other problems with it, besides that you now have png file formats accepted meaning no more lightblue background on renders.

I just don't see the reason that why are people against or with the Internet Explorer. What I mean to say is that doesn't all of the browsers allow you to browse websites? I think that Interent Explorer is pretty standard and most people have it. I had Firefox, and it was the same as Internet Explorer except it had tabbed browsing. I am sure that all of the browsers are pretty much the same, and it is only the add-ons and extensions which make them different. :)