xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willywonker

D-link Connection Config WIRE LESS ONLY *:. Update 1.:*

This is quite tricky so carefully FOLLOW.Remove card if inserted,Install D-Link drivers,Shuitdown comp (Computer),Insert card start up your comp,It should find new hardware but if not it is installed perfectly,Now there will be a icon by the clock with 4 white bars or green,Double click on those if white *Green it is configured automaticly 90/100A window will apear then the origianal windows that is beening shown if "LINK INFO" this shows you but you cant configure it,Go to configuration,Enter you SSID (Workgroup) E.g. Home or workgroupThenChoose you wireless mode *Go by shown defaultTxRate *again default shownpreamable *Default shownPowermodeuse this is config you card to go to sleep or notDONENow Go to encryption...If your router or device supports it ONLYtick the box if yes leave and apply if NoThen choose the mode, *default shown!below were it shows Default key tick box theninsert key e.g. 0310875968NowBEST PART OR WORST FOR YOUClick apply on that windows and previous windows NowIt will scan for a router or deviceif found GOODif not go over this again and again if not it me :( this is updated so it will be there soon :):P:)

why the quence is that:

Remove card if inserted,Install D-Link drivers,
Shuitdown comp (Computer),
Insert card start up your comp,

when i install a hardware i just shut down the computer first then insert the hardware then start the computer again,then install the drivers of this hardware.

as you said . it's wireless net card. and while the computer is running,you install the drivers first ? but not insert the card first...then how the driver been installed,
when the installing of drivers,it installing for what hardware,i think the computer can not recognize it,if it's not there.

plz.

guangdian, he's trying to say that method of installing drivers first then inserting wireless adapter, if you have the drivers in setup exe format. If you doesn't have them, or your drivers are just *.inf or some config text files, then you will have to insert your wireless adapter first, then install the drivers when Windows prompted a new device found...