xisto Community
Travis18520

Psp Vs. Nintendo Ds handhelds

I dont think they have been released yet, so there is no way we can tell for sure which one is better than the other.

i have not decided if i'm buying PSP yet, i need to see some good games. but nintendo ds is an absolute no. i think two screens is a crappy idea that will lose nintendo millions of dollars!! innovation is only cool if you could do something cool with it, and there aren't that many developers that will be able to use two screens! and this is coming from the owner of every nintendo system since the mid-90's. the ONLY thing i might buy a system with two screens, with one touch-screen is if its a hybrid (sp?) pda/game/maybe phone or camera, and only if it has good games. and only if its a good pda. but we all know that nintendo will never make something that great, if anyone at all. (come to think of it, that would be one pimpin machine)!!!! :rolleyes: although i have heard rumors from informed sources that nintendo's next console, code-name Revolution, will have body motion sensoring, which sounds kickass! those rumors are based on patents with certain companies and stuff like that. if that's true... *drools*

oh yeah, also, ds will cost $150, and we don't know how much psp will cost yet...about the graphics, ds is around n64 quality, and psp's graphics are much better!

the psp is supposed to have graphics nearly equal to that of a ps2? thats crazy. i thought n gage was good. i mean thats one sweet taco. for some reason when i went to gamestop i was playing an ngage in there, and since the game in the ngage was fifa for the ngage, im a soccer fan so for some reason i couldnt stop playing that ngage.

PSP does not even have a price yet. i would think it would be anywhere from $450 to $300 dollars. It will be probably crushed because of all the parts that made the price skyrocket. For function i would get the psp if i even had that kind of money to spend. Though the DS is look a bit promising for the price. Not bad for the functions it has.

well since i dont have that much money I would either buy the nintendo ds or not buy either one of them. I hate how ppl rush out to buy the lastest console then the companies come out with a new one in like 6 months (cough... nintendo.. cough)

i have a question. and this is a serious question because i haven't played with the psp. but does psp have messaging abilities? because i was in a game stop store and they had two ds setup. and nobody else was in the store and i was sending messages back and forth. like with writing and with typed letters and drawings and everything and oh my god. that was like heaven. i was there for like half an hour just going back and forth between systems.

i have not decided if i'm buying PSP yet, i need to see some good games. but nintendo ds is an absolute no. i think two screens is a crappy idea that will lose nintendo millions of dollars!! innovation is only cool if you could do something cool with it, and there aren't that many developers that will be able to use two screens! and this is coming from the owner of every nintendo system since the mid-90's. the ONLY thing i might buy a system with two screens, with one touch-screen is if its a hybrid (sp?) pda/game/maybe phone or camera, and only if it has good games. and only if its a good pda. but we all know that nintendo will never make something that great, if anyone at all. (come to think of it, that would be one pimpin machine)!!!! although i have heard rumors from informed sources that nintendo's next console, code-name Revolution, will have body motion sensoring, which sounds kickass! those rumors are based on patents with certain companies and stuff like that. if that's true... *drools*

I think the PSP will be better. It will be able to play music, movies, and games. The starting price will probably be around $185. Sony said the PSP should come out in America early 2006. Sony might have problems, however, getting companies to make games, music, movies etc for the Universal Media Disk(UMD). But it is a neat technology anyway.

Edited by joshua132 (see edit history)

the old nintendo systems were the best. but nintendo has way too many kiddy games now, PSP will be a lot better in terms of games and graphics, i think the dual screen on nintendo DS is pointless, the 2nd screen is really just a map or sumthing