xisto Community
Fred Hatamian

Stem Cell Research Bush

Since Bush has started he has only been demanding war and making US fall behind in new things. For example the stem cell research. In my opinion stem cells hold an important key to life. Bush has said that he will not allow the destruction of new life for others. But more recently a professor at University of Connecticut has come up with a new way to produce embryonic cells: cloning. He says that he can make embryos with cloning. The problem is that he need 10 million dollars for the operation and Bush has refused to found the operation. So that proves he is not allowing it because of destruction of life but something else.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Members are reminded to post new topics in an approriate forum. I moved this to General. Web Hosting Requests Forum is for applications only. Thanks.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

e.Notice from jlhaslip:
Members are reminded to post new topics in an approriate forum. I moved this to General. Web Hosting Requests Forum is for applications only. Thanks.

:) funny, but really I think we need it to. Bush in my view is just looking for a excuse to look religious, cause that is what gave him the popular vote. So, really its just a joke to him. Maybe he does think we need it, but he wont do it till the end. But then again, i dont like bush first off, so no i dont support him :) and i dont believe he will do it.

Well, seeing that it is extremely unlikely that Bush will be re-elected--I think that he really shouldn't be looking to do things to get the support of the people.He's been trying to do it so far, see what it's got him? :)

Well, seeing that it is extremely unlikely that Bush will be re-elected--I think that he really shouldn't be looking to do things to get the support of the people.

He's been trying to do it so far, see what it's got him? :)

204148[/snapback]

Extremely unlikely indeed. In fact, its against the law for him to get reelected XD

But to the topic at hand...

Cloning is not needed to get stem cells. Stem cells were recently discovered in hair follicles(sp?). I can't remember where I saw the article, I believe it was a popular science.

The "destruction of new life" is a very touchy subject, as people often have different ideas as to where life begins(IIRC, some politician a while back said its not a baby until it leaves the hospital O.O). That's usually a tough argument, as people also have different opinions as to what it is to be alive.

I see no problem with using stem cells from hair folicles, as it is truly the only non-controversial way to do it, as it doesn't disturb human life.

Who knows where this will go in time, though.