xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sanbeand

What Is Flash Earth? GoogleEarth becomes Flash

Flash earth is the "evolution" of google earth, if you dont want to download the Authoring tool of google earth you can visit https://neave.com/ where you can find a version of google earth in flash. It is the same map system used in google so you can have it without having to download the program, it has also a nice skin and a draggable map, it also includes a zoom in and out and a compass also (if you find yourself lost lol), google earth can also be contacted or viewed by its page from google but it is in html so it is an amazing job what this person has done in order to brings us another point of view of the same google earth...btw you can also download the source files if you are interesting in developing it
cheers!

So basically it's Google Earth just you don't have to download it. It takes longer to load though. Plus I like the intro to Google Earth as it zooms in on the Earth. Flash Earth has just a flat map. I do like how it has a target pointing to where you are zooming to though. It wouldn't be bad if you didn't have the space on your computer but I think Google Earth is better.

Its more than google earth guys, thats the point of it, you can see the maps from many different map websites, yahoo, nasa, and I've heard more may be coming soon.