xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lozbo

Css Positioning Trouble in FIREFOX yet IE displays it as i want

Wait wait! im not complaining about firefox! i couldnt ever do it, but the fact is that for the very darn first time IE is actually showing the thing as i want it...

I have a table inside a div, and i want the table to be right aligned, and IE6 does so (not the same for ie for mac though) but firefox keeps it to the left, the best thing i've achieved with this is a fixed position which does not look good while resizing...... ive also tried floating and even adding a wrapper... so i dont know what to do...

this is the site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I think you should figure it out the way i want it, if you look it in Firefox and then in Internet Explorer...

Also, as i have the time on my shoulders, i couldnt do a "more standars compliant and accesible" tools menu, so if you could also help me with a compliant menu made of these icons only, with a list markup (or whatever is most apropiate)...

Thanks in advance!

Lozbo,I had a quick peek. I'll try to spend a few minutes on it later, but was just curious about something. Why is that list of links a table? Why not a ul inside a div? And also, rather than using javscript for your rollovers, why not css a:hover's ? You might have a valid reason, but I am mostly just curious.

I did it all in fireworks html, it generates the code, the images and the scripts, i made it there becouse i ran out of time, but i put all the code into a single file which i will include in all the other files, so that i could update it later... yes i know... fireworks html is fast and cheap but not standard :)

Link's not working. Any time something looks right in IE but not FF, you know there's something wrong with your code cos IE doesn't follow the W3C specs properly in a lot of cases.

yes im very sorry! i changed the link to its actual finishing place:http://www.cucea.udg.mx/
pmicHad lot of trouble but here i am again, and theres the link that works

You can't use position:absolute and float: right together. position:absolute overrides the float. You should be wary of using absolute positioning at all.
You should be using float: right but due to too much stuff being positioned absolutely, you're running into troubles. Lose all the absolute positioning, use the normal flow of the document instead and use floats when you want stuff to be left or right.

But how am i suposed to tell the tool bars menu to stay 130 pixels away from the top? mmm ill try some margins and padding but think that is going to mess up a little bit the code...I didnt have all the time this floats but as i was debuging and trying to get firefox do what i want, i coded it into my style sheet but dont know how to make firefox display it to the right, anyway let me do it on monday as that website is being developed at job...