xisto Community
Jesse

Sending Mail Problems Outlook Express

I am using my dot com email through Outlook Express. I have no problem in recieving Emails through. However if I reply to the Email it can not send before there is an Error. The Error message is below:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.zaccynetwork.com (2)', Server: 'mail.zaccynetwork.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This happens with all 6 accounts that I have set up and use.

Any ideas of what the problem could be.

Thank you in advance for your replies and help.

Ok there are very simple steps which can be performed to find out what the problem is.1st : Try to delete and recreate the email settings, making sure that you are using the correct procedure.2nd : Even if the above step fails to solve the problem, then try to disable the firewall or any antivirus which scan your outgoing emails...just for testing purposes.Please try these steps and see if it solves your problem or not.

I think Mayank has covered it all. I can only suggest messing around with your existing settings a little, many service providers have special settings that you might want to pay attention to - maybe the port numebr is different from the default, maybe SSL needs to be turned on. On the other hand, it is possible that there is some problem with the outgoing mail server - I mean, that could be the case on some occassions, although you will more likely solve your problem by either modifying your settings suitably, or, as Mayank suggested, try checking your security settings.

Good Luck, and hope your problem's solved soon :)

Ok I have done as OpaQue has suggested and created a test account.

The Email information is as follows:

Webmail Address: test@zaccynetwork.com

Login: test+zaccynetwork.com

Password: password

POP3 Infomation

Send: mail.zaccynetwork

Recieve: mail.zaccynetwork.com

When the account was created in my cPanel this is the information that I recieved.

The e-mail account test@zaccynetwork.com with the login test+zaccynetwork.com and password password with a quota of 5 megabytes was successfully created.

Jesse,

Perhaps this is some good news for you - I am able to send mails using your test account. Here are the settings I used:

Posted Image

That is, most importantly, I think -

SSL mode on.

Port number 465.

Try implementing these changes and then sending mail. The screenshot is from Thunderbird, but this should work on Outlook Express just as well, as long as the corresponding options have been updated.

Good luck and hope you get your account working :)

Cheers!

Ok I chaged the setting in Outlook Express to:

SSL mode on.
Port number 465

However I am now getting this message:

Your SMTP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?Account: mail.zaccynetwork.com
Server: mail.zaccynetwork.coim

I am also getting this Error Message:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail.zaccynetwork.com', Server: 'mail.zaccynetwork.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Only problem with that. Is what it says is this:

Error 0x800CCC19
1. This is a possible corruption of the pop3uidl file. Close your internet connection and all programs. Search for the file pop3uidl and delete it. Reconnect and it should work.

2. Repeat step 1 with a reboot before you check your mail again.

3. You may have a corrupt or a very large file attachment on the mailserver. Large file attachments, mail that are missing headers, or mail that do not conform to the mail RFC's can cause this.

After a search of my PC I have NO file called that what so ever. So I really dont understand what is wrong here at all.

So have you read the README file?

Try this.

:: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE E-MAIL SETTINGS for OUTLOOK EXPRESS ::
INCOMING MAIL SERVER : mail.ABC.trap17.com [ where ABC is your subdomain name ]
OUTGOING MAIL SERVER : mail.ABC.trap17.com [ where ABC is your subdomain name ]

Outgoing PORT : 25
Incoming PORT : 110

USERNAME : THE-USERNAME-YOU-SET-UP-IN-CPANEL@ABC.trap17.com [ Setup mails in the ADD remove mails in Cpanel ]
PASSWORD : [The password that you setup in Cpanel ]

Use mail.YOURDOMAIN.com if you have hosted your domain with us.

[ IF YOU USE INTERNET EXPOLORER, YOU CAN AUTO-CONFIGURE OUTLOOK EXPRESS by logging into Cpanel and go to Add and remove Mails and you will find a link to AUTO-CONFIGURE. Use it to easily configure your Email ]

Additonal reading Click here. The reason might be that you're using the wrong username to login and password.

Re: Sending Mail Problems - Outlook ExpressSending Mail Problems

I had the same problem; it may not be on your machine.  As far as I can determine, socket error10053 simply means your machine can't properly connect to the server toTransfer e-mail. I had this error last night,  I tried going back toAn old pop3uidl file (which is in the same folder Outlook keeps theE-mail folders on my machine), I tried restarting Outlook Express, andI tried disconnecting and reconnecting from my ISP.  Nothing workedWhen I checked, right before I went to bed last night.  (I should addThat I used hibernate mode, and did not shut down the machine, forReasons unrelated to the problem; rebooting was something I didn'tTechnically try, even though that often solves problems.)

ThisMorning, when I got up, everything was working fine.  So, either theProblem was on my ISP's server, or sleeping for a full night is aPossible fix.-reply by John

Im not able to Send Mail to Two Receipents together in MS Outlook 2003..Sending Mail Problems

Dear All,

I'm facing problem since last 1 Month that I have two PCs in Networking and have MS Outlook running on both of them.. What happens that when I send any mail then only one Recipient gets the mail and other doesn't receive that mail..

Please tell me how to solve this issue..

-reply by Neel

My brother is having trouble sending mail with his outlook express. He sends an email to one person and that person gets the email multiple times over a period of several hours. Even tho the email was only sent to one person, multiple recepients get it many times. I have matched his settings under tools, accounts and options with my pc. Mine works fine. He also gets an error box with no errors listed. I am our of ideas on this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks