xisto Community
Professor Kirby

Why I Chose Trap17 as my free web host

So why am I a part of Xisto? Well, to be honest, I was searching for a free web host. All the other free web hosts besides Xisto I've been at all turned out terrible. And believe me, I've tried many of their services. If my site wasn't plagued with advertisements, it was crawling with errors in the FTP account. If not that, then the host packed up and left. Either way, they were all unreliable.

But never have I seen such disappointment than from http://www.dotster.com/dotster/sites/fortune-city.bml. Never have I seen all the bad things about free hosting more prevalent than in FortuneCity! Don't even go there - I mean it's so bad that it would be logical in saying that they were intentionally running us over just so we'd pay for the paid packages. The treatment they instill in us "little people," yeesh!

In my endeavors for a free web host, I was so fed up by all of this that I decided enough was enough! At one point, I looked for a paid hosting account. My search pointed me to http://www.findmyhosting.com/. But take a look at those prices! I'm a poor student, and I sometime am quite frugal shopping over the Internet. So $10.00 a month is quite out of my reach. Plus, I'd rather spend that kind of cash on video games and movie tickets.

So I planned to quit my idea. That was until I finally found Xisto. From what I hear, the hosting is amazing! And the forum-posting is quite a nice concept. I plan to not just enjoy the free hosting one day but also the community.

Just remember, it's not just the hosting. It's also the facilities.

Trap17 is a great community and a great host, so glad you found us!I know how you feel, I'm a college student who doesn't have the extra money to spend right now. In your case, if you were to ever look for paid hosting, check out the plans Xisto - Web Hosting offers - very nice, inexpensive plans. For now though, welcome to Xisto and hope you enjoy your stay here :).

Well hey, just glad to have you here. Trap is the best. You will not find anyone here that has anything bad to say. (If there is, they are just jealous). The starter of these fine forums believes in QUALITY hosting. and trust me, none is better.If you need any help or have questions, mods and members will gladly help. Just ask! Hey, enjoy your stay here and have a great day. See you around,-Wild20

Hehe, for real, Xisto is the best community/hosting around. (I should know lol)After trying like 15 other hosts I came here and the only way to get rid of me is by an admin banning me :)Welcome to Xisto, don't forget to vote :)

I love this site as it looks pretty confident and has a gr8 web hosting service ..i live alone and so cant afford to pay money for hosting so i chose Xisto for hat toooo I will try to spread the word for this site.....

Hi there,I totally agree with you. In todays world nothing is free and we know it. But some fancy words and great searching tools on net make us belive that there are certain things in life which we can get for free. Webspace being one of them.You are not alone in webspace. There are thousands err.. millions searching for there little 5-10 MB space. I also got registered to many of them and eventually had similar experience as yours.But I belive that this kind of forum will be able to serve your purpose as they have a defined business model to sustain themselves and continue providing free hosting to people who require it.See everyone and everything move on a motive. A business has a long term goal of making money by helping or contributing to the society at large. So as long as these forum will be able to support the revenue model you will continue enjoying free web space.My sincere thank to endeavour like these....Knowledge Pool

Im also new here, I still dont have enough credits for the hosting, :) but ive heard it great! Welcome! You will be suprised at what you can find here...Elegost

As soon as I am ever able to get paid hosting I will definatly go with Xisto - Web Hosting. The packages there look awesome.I am so happy with Trap 17. After having my site unexplainably lost at 3 other free hosts that seemed to have picked up and left town overnight- where I just woke up one morning and everything was gone, not even an email to explain, it's very refreshng to have found an even better place.I've had my site up here for 14 months and it's still here! I love it! I think the longest any other place lasted was 5 months.

Hi there,

I totally agree with you.

In todays world nothing is free and we know it. But some fancy words and great searching tools on net make us belive that there are certain things in life which we can get for free. Webspace being one of them.

You are not alone in webspace. There are thousands  err.. millions searching for there little 5-10 MB space. I also got registered to many of them and eventually had similar experience as yours.

But I belive that this kind of forum will be able to serve your purpose as they have a defined business model to sustain themselves and continue providing free hosting to people who require it.

See everyone and everything move on a motive. A business has a long term goal of making money by helping or contributing to the society at large. So as long as these forum will be able to support the revenue model you will continue enjoying free web space.

My sincere thank to endeavour like these....

Knowledge Pool

203822[/snapback]

I agree with you and the topic starter about this. I also think that it is a waiste of money to buy hosting with like a igger package when this is all the space i need and its for free. Love this place.

The reason i picked trap was its the best deal i could find on hosting a website XD and now that i am on it i will say that yall are really great people XD this is such a nice community it will be sad once my clan dies and i don't need a site and slowly forget to get on (tho that probley won't happen :) )

I chose Trap 17 because of their no ads policy. And the maximum number of members. of cours if there are many members posting in the forum wil lbecome so much easy lol :)And the home page it;se is welcoming us to join in this site :)Anyhow I am not yet hosted. I am waiting for purchasing a domain. Within few days I will have the hosted experiance.

I also went with Trap 17 after what seemed like a constant search for a hosting service. My search began with Angelfire. At the time, it seemed like a good deal for what I wanted to put ont he Web, but then they reduced the amount of webspace and placed too many ads on my site. As such, I decided to move over to Bravenet's service. It was a little better, but again got bombarded by pop-ups and banners. from there, I decided to choose a hosting service that did NOT have any forced ads (or if it did, it would be a very small text ad). I tried out one and posted up my website along with my Blogger journal. Unfortunately, some problems came about with their server, and thus was forced to move again. Fast forward to April 2005, when I discovered T17 via a web hosting service search engine. Since then, I haven't gone anywhere else. T17 has a great community and great service - and it has so much to offer in terms of web space, bandwidth and features....much more than any other hosting provider I've encountered before.Keep up the great work, guys!