xisto Community
dr.a.sultan

How I Caught A 2 Sharks While On The Beach With 3

hi everyone , i will tell my experience in catching 2 sharks with the help of

3 of my friends...i'm not kidding , it really happened.

this was when i was on a visit to Saudi Arabia in Jeddah , a city on the red sea which is well known to be full of sharks.the method we used is originally used by people there to catch many types of large fishes not only sharks.

1.we got a wood plate about 50*30 cm and another one a little smaller than that. we fixed them to be perpendicular to each other , the large one laid horizontally and the smaller vertically.

2.we got a really fresh fish , just caught from water , and made cuts in its body to make it bleeds extensivly. then , get a fishing hook "large steel one , but not very large" and tie it to about 10 meters long special steel fishing wire . then fix the hook to the fish by enering the end of the wire to mouth of the fish and take it out through the tail , so the hook is fixed to the mouth of the fish.the steel wire is to insure that shark can't cut it with its teeth.

3.the end of the steel wire is fixed tightly to a strong fishing trotline reel "about 400 meters long"

4.put and fix the fish "the bait" on the horizontal plate and wait untill the air direction is toward the depth of the sea

5.when air is so , put your system on the water and leave it step by step to move to the depth of the sea , wait until abou 300 m is used.

6.now , pull the line strongly , so you make the bait fall into the sea.

7.after about 30 min , we caught a shark , it takes the bait and move like a monster...then we took the line and begin to pull it back...this is the toughest process and i can't explain in details how we managed to pull it until it came to the shore , where we left it for a while dying then stabbed it. we cooked this one and ate it before we caught another one , one week later....

I'm sure that this method of fishing would not be 'allowed' where I live. And we don't have sharks here, anyway. Does it taste good? I've never eaten Shark.

Well I've never caught my own shark! Don't think I want to. But I have eaten shark steak. It's really quite excellent barbecued and doesn't need to be marinated or anything.

Ive only tasted a bit of shark before, when i was on holidays. It wasnt bad... i dont know how much of it i could eat though...

Lol, interesting, but I think PETA might object to certain parts of that method if we tried it over here ;)

How big were the sharks? I hate seafood (period) so I wouldn't try it, but I'm still curious. And I wouldn't be able to 1) catch a shark, they freak me out. 2) Stab a shark/leave a bleeding fish in the water because I'd feel bad.I'm not vegetarian, but I wouldn't be able to just kill an animal like that. I get that it's the food chain and what not but I still feel bad for it, I mean, in this case the fish never, ever had a chance.