xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Americas Army

Hey just wondering if any of you have played Americas Army. It is a cool game you can download online for free (which takes a while) or you can pick up a cd at an army recruit (in U.S.) You can go through many trainings trying to become more skilled, or maybe even a medic to heal people on your team. You can then play online with other people and go against another team. You build up honor to become better. You fight each other and can start clans. (maybe Xisto should start one) :) Check it out. https://www.americasarmy.com/

It is indeed a fun game. My friend got me to play it. He has a server set-up so we can just mess around. I like the map bridge-SE map the best.The game is fun and fairly challenging. I think what I like most about it is how realistic the game is. When your character breaths, the aim moves around with your body just like it would in real-life. Though not everything is exactly like real-life, it is a lot better than other games out there.xJedix

Its a great game. Incredibly realistic considering its free! The one annoying thing is selecting a game to play and then being locked out while you download an update to the game!

of course the military monitors it , so when they find the people they want to recruit they get them, how about that for a conspiracy theory. But AA has nothing on tom clancy or the conflict series either.

of course the military monitors it , so when they find the people they want to recruit they get them, how about that for a conspiracy theory.  But AA has nothing on tom clancy or the conflict series either.

203430[/snapback]

Conspiracy? More like an aptitude test. They figure people smart in the game will be smart soldiers and have good hand to eye coordination. They can recruit you all you want but they can?t make you sign.

Its a great game. Incredibly realistic considering its free! The one annoying thing is selecting a game to play and then being locked out while you download an update to the game!

It is annoying to do the updates but it only takes a couple minutes and it's normally a one time thing when you first download the game. It's to update sequrity and to make sure people aren't hacking the server.

imo, i did not like the game due to rounds being WAY too long, and it being essentially a camp fest...

It is only a camp fest if you don't know what you are doing or other people don't. If you are on defense you normally camp to guard on some levels. If you smoke them you can sneak up on them and just come up right behind them and shoot them. Once you play the game more you learn to do stuff like that.