xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willywonker

How Do I Know How 2000 Is Built On Nt the way to find out

well when windows 2000 boots up it has a screen "Windows 2000 built on NT technology" also pinball and the comunications part is achually is copyed to 2000but most worst is that NT and 2000 share the same problem. :) some games dont like them...rephrase :).. there not compatible with windows NT or 2000 due to that there achually office based OS not gamming OS but as they developed through the ages windows 2000 finally could play most games available exept Dungeoun keeper 2 :P:(

Oook then...Windows NT and 2000 were not designed for gaming. They were not even designed for home computers. They are both more 'professional' operating systems, pitched towards the developer/administrator/etc for network or corporate use. Whilst people certainly use both at home, that's not really the area that Microsoft was targeting - Windows 95/98/ME/XP were aimed at the home user.All of the Windows NT family is built on the same technology base (Windows NT/2000/XP/2003). The NT-based system has always been more secure and stable than their DOS/95-based counterparts - whilst certainly not flawless or without many a bug and error, they are far superior to the other Windows versions in terms of stability and security, as anyone who has ever used them will tell you.And if anyone replies with 'micro$oft blowz lol', I will have to kill them (not so much because I disagree, but because it's old and annoying, not to mention most often hypocritical and under no circumstances 'cool').

The reason games don't like win200 in the old day is because they aren't design for them. Who would use winnt in their home? Microsoft design nt for networking environment. But also sees it as a more stable system, thus creating XP. Microsoft removed advanced networking capabilities from WinXP home to prevent it to be used in professional environment.