xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Becca

To Be Portfolio Of Becca My portfolio beta layout

I haven't turned this layout into code yet because i don't know what to do with it. There's something wrong with it but I don't know what and I don't like it.. something doesn't match and I can't tell which one.. I accidently squashed the whole thing and saved it.. so i can only work OVER the stuff..

I don't know if it's the rainbow colours and the menu color.. but ARGGH.. annoying.. btw the menu colours are suppose to light up.. because I know you can't see what they are now.. when you hover you will..

Posted Image

HELP please!!

Are you planning on having a scrollbar inside the light blue area and keep all your graphical elements in the same position relative to each other no matter how much content, or are you going to have a normal scrollbar and have the elements at the bottom of the design move towards the bottom of the screen as the user scrolls?

I'm not sure about the overlapping of the content area by the 2 big circles. That might look weird with actual content in that area. The big pink heart, there's a bumpy edge on the right side of it (caused by the rainbow, i guess). By the way, that empty space under the pink heart, to the left of the content area, is that gonna be used for something? I guess, the "buy me" words are too big for that star. I believe, it's best if it wasnt touching the edge of it. Colors look fine to me.

Are you planning on having a scrollbar inside the light blue area and keep all your graphical elements in the same position relative to each other no matter how much content, or are you going to have a normal scrollbar and have the elements at the bottom of the design move towards the bottom of the screen as the user scrolls?

202785[/snapback]

the blue area is going to stretch as the content gets bigger.. if you understand that.. and the image avatars will be where there is a small space.. and the images are going to open up even bigger using a simple gallery.. i mean VERY simple.. and havee it's own layot if you get that.

maybe put a drop shadow on certain parts of it to get it the popping out of the internet feel to it, also if you put it on a white background the thick border will disappear as well.

whats wrong with the thick border? i like it :P

I think the design is really awesome. Looks nice and easy to use. Everything seems to work so well. As for a color scheme problem or something that isn't matching, the only possible problem that I see would be the green and yellow of the rainbow, because this is the only instance of those two colors. To fix it you could put green and yellow elsewhere on the site or replace the colors; for example, you could use a light blue (I know it'd be a lot) on one of the rays and some other color for the second. Otherwise, excellent job.