xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

Good Way To Get Ranked In Google SEO services, search engine optimization

I heard the best way search engines find you even google is u have to have alot of links on your site. The more pages and links on your site, the bigger chance search engines will find you and the more you'll be seen on them as well. I would give you some pages i read this off of, but it was a while ago, so why don't you search it in Google!? I hear that search engines don't really use keywords in meta tags anymore, but if you have alot of pages with alot of stuff, you can win.

ADVERT : SEO services, search engine optimization service by SerpGuru.

Yes, but the links should be from good legimate sites and not FFA (Free for all pages). Also, internal links (links within your own site) does not count much towards your pagerank.

Another way to get your website listed on search engines is to have the first few words or sentence of your website related to your keywords, and then even have the graphics named something to do with your website.Xadoflitan

I heard the best way search engines find you even google is u have to have alot of links on your site. The more pages and links on your site, the bigger chance search engines will find you and the more you'll be seen on them as well. I would give you some pages i read this off of, but it was a while ago, so why don't you search it in Google!? I hear that search engines don't really use keywords in meta tags anymore, but if you have alot of pages with alot of stuff, you can win.

202650[/snapback]

Cool, I didn't know that! THANKS!

I heard the best way search engines find you even google is u have to have alot of links on your site.

There's a lot more to it than that. Domain name, page title, meta tags, page content, keyword density in all of those and how your pages are actually structured all play a part in how your site is indexed.

i sorta just stopped worrying about getting higher page rankings in search engines, when i realised that i would have a hard time getting within the top 1000 anyway... i mean, try doing a google search for "Switch"... lol :)

You can use Search Engine Submit to submit your site to Google. In a few weeks your site gets ranked and depending on the description you've entered, your site might even be ranked higher than others. That's what I did. I rank first in both yahoo and Google. :)

Go to your cpanel and find Search Engine Submit and enter the required info there. Hope this helped.

Google recently started lowering the rankings of pages (or just not ranking them at all in the first place) which suddenly have a very large number of inbound links. The idea was, amongst other things, so that sites which offer paid placement links cannot increase the rankings of other sites, as paid links are usually added all over the website in question. So don't go and get heaps and heaps of IBLs to your sight too quickly - a few won't hurt, but too many in a short time will. It's better to build them slowly and surely, and if you provide genuinely good quality content, you will get many natural one-way links, which are worth far more than the reciprocal type.

Also, automated search engine submission methods probably aren't a good idea. I don't know for a fact if any search engines actually penalize sites for using them or not, but there is evidence to suggest that some of the larger ones do - so for engines such as Google, it is definately worth taking the extra 15 seconds to submit it manually. And yes, they do know (Google not-so-recently implemented a randomly selected image which acts as a turing key, to tell the difference between automated submissions and manual). As for the hundreds of small search engines floating around, they aren't going to play a major role in your sites traffic, so using automated submission methods for them wouldn't do any harm - even if they do reject the submission, it isn't going to hurt a great deal.

Another way to get your website listed on search engines is to have the first few words or sentence of your website related to your keywords, and then even have the graphics named something to do with your website.

Xadoflitan

202685[/snapback]

Yea, search engines uses the meta tagas in your site to get your site ranked, if you have got much keywords and good description on you meta tag then im pretty sure that your site will be ranked within the 10 of the best resluts.

But then your homepage url must have a good word, like: games.myhomepage.com and then you will get garanted results.

i was looking for a tried and tested method. But all seems to be guess work and speculation. I have tried submitting my homepage to search engines. But I doubt I have ever found it in first 50 pages. Only time i manage to get it on top was when I put in the complete url :lol:

same here!I've tried lots of things to come at a good ranking in the google..but now i've given up..because my website is a personal blog..so hardly anyone will look at it..other than my friends and family :P so why the hell google will put it on a better rank :)Just like Knowlege pool..whenever i put the whole url of my website in google..i get the link to my website :lol:

My rank goes up as I trade links, so I know its true. But like OpaQue said, your links within your own age don't count, so you want to trade with people with good AlexaRank. It increases your chances of being higher. Just a thought about it. Thanks for the topic though! :lol:

Can some one explain me how to trade links. If I understand it correctly it means that you are supposed to exchange banners or lodo or text linkds to drive traffic from some other sites?Pls tell me how successful it is with personal sites ?

i was looking for a tried and tested method. But all seems to be guess work and speculation. I have tried submitting my homepage to search engines. But I doubt I have ever found it in first 50 pages.

Only time i manage to get it on top was when I put in the complete url :lol:

205131[/snapback]

it's a lot of trial an error, but there are a lot of things you can do. the basics are title/description/keywords/first top 1/4 of your page to include your keywords /description/title. don't choose keywords that 1,000,000 websites are competing for. go for the less competition keywords and incorporate 1-2 on several pages of your website and optimize your pages according to your keywords and description.

when you submit to a search engine, the major ones take 3 months to add you but there are ways to get added faster without paying for that service. the best way is to link to a high page ranked site. when a search engine going to that site, it will spider ALL the links including your newly added one. some search engines like google prefer this method over submiting your sight manually or automatically using a program.

google is the dominate search engine and will continue to dominate the industry. more and more people are turning to google rather than yahoo to do their searches so more people will be looking at your ad on google which will lead to a better potetial click through rate assuming you have a top listing on all engines.

only problem is, google doesn't use the basic criteria for page rank as other search engines do. one thing you can do that google LOVES besides relevant links linking back to your site is to include a blog or rss feed for fresh content, or CREATE YOUR OWN. the more weekly fresh content the better your site will rank. if you creat your site and leave it alone, it wont do well at all with google unless you have a lot of relevant fixed links on other websites with high page rankings linking back to your site. you can pay for these links for $50 or so a month which adds up to 5,000 dolars a month(whew!) or you can try trading links with other relevant and high ranking websites(long and tedious but well worth the time)

you can always get in the top 10 with google adwords, but that again costs money and i don't suggest it for a beginner learning how to drive traffic because too many mistakes can be made where you can lose all your money in your account in a very short period of time.

try downloading a demo version of ibp or another search engine optimization program and it walks you through some of the basic steps. you learn a lot that way and can boost your page rank while your at it.

if you concentrate on keywords that get only 10,000 searches a month and can get in the top 10 and only 1% click on your ad, you will get 100 people per month for each key word. may not seem like a lot, but if you have 10 pages with 2 key words a piece, that will drive 2,000 TARGETED hits a month on the example figures above. if 1% of those hits buy something of your website for $50, that's $1,000 in extra sales. make more pages with different keywords to easily double that figure....keep adding more to keep making more.

once you have a lot of traffic coming in, it's a good idea to incorporate google adsense to make another $500 a month from.

some people only create personal web pages, but if you are trying to get a high ranking for a personal home page, you might as well try to add an extra $200 a month from a free home page while your at it. who couldn't use an extra $2400 dollars a year. after the time you spend, it's free money. if you only make $20 your first month, duplicate your efforts to make $40 a month the next month. eventually it adds up to something significant($240 a month after a year)

if you want to make money through your website, don't think big at first wanting to buy a new car, but just paying for your cable or dsl account first, then set higher goals....

if anyone has any questions, i am happy to answer them either in the forums or email here. i have read a lot of misconceptions here on this topic that others shouldn't be reading and falling for certain mentalities like domain names being an important factor in rankings. your best bet for domain names is to come up with a catchy name that people will remember. amazon.com didn't rank well for it's domain name, but the name itself that people recognized for 100's of years. also, don't think that if you have good keywords and a good description and title will automatically put you in the top 10 as i was reading before this post. that is far from the truth unless you have VERY obscure keywords that nobody searches for.

search engine rankings is a science. there are many theories but only 1 truth to rank #1. only trial and error and patience will get you to #1.....or even the top 10 for that matter. there are a lot of factors invloved. combine them all to eventually get the ranking you want.

Can some one explain me how to trade links. If I understand it correctly it means that you are supposed to exchange banners or lodo or text linkds to drive traffic from some other sites?

Pls tell me how successful it is with personal sites ?

205551[/snapback]

link trading is easy, but a time consuming process. go to google and enter your key words or your competitors key words and do several searches. take only the top 10 results, visit their sites, write the webmaster to trade links with you.

link trading mainly involves using link pages which i don't suggest. you may have seen them. they are pages DEDICATED to only links that were traded. my suggestion in trading links is to incoporate the links you trade in to the content on your web pages and ask for the same in return from whoever you are trading with. this way, google(who loves seeing relevant links) will determine the links to be more relevant thus getting a higher page rank for each and every link

ARELIS is a good link trading program. i suggest downloading the demo version and if you like it, purchase it. it will find the relevant websites for you and even email ALL the webmasters for you. if they accept, all you have to do from there is add a link to your site manually and make sure the other webmaster did the same.

hope this post helped....

-Aaron