xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dvalkass

Improving Traffic With Ads? I have started a site and need help

Ok I have made a website, and all it currently has is a forum, arcade and an army system(I love that game). I don't know what I should put on there to improve the rate of visitors to my site, sof ar i've had none lol. I am thinking of getting google ads and was wondering if this would help my site at all, and if there's an y point of getting them when I nobody visits it lol. So if you have any ideas please give some advice. cheers.*sorry if this is in the wrong forum*

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Remember that topic title is VERY important! Editing topic title.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

i just don't thing the google ads or any other ads will improve the traffic,they are used to make money,for improve the traffic,you would do some thing with the Google search enginne. keywords and content eg,and make sure there are lots of new contents to be published days.and the page better to be the html page but not php or asp page.-and do some hotlinks with the same sorts of the sites also brings the visitors.for long ,you just build a good site,more time stand,there the traffic definetly would growing .guangdian

Keywords and description are issues you really should pay attention to. Once that is taken care of you should start building link from other webpages to yours. That what's going to make your page ranking better. But remember that this take som time to se the effect.

You can also "trade" your webpage link. A well known method a that you make a link of a weppage on your site, and they make a link back to your website. If you do this with many sites (with the same contence) then there will be, after a while a lot of more visitors :) .

I don't think putting google ad sense would help increase traffic in your site. What it does is promote/advertize other websites and not your own. You get money if your site visitors click on the links provided by google. The best way to increase your traffic is by submitting it to search engines (Search Engine Submit is included in your cpanel) or to network with other sites or exchange links with other sites related to yours. :)

Just like the other's said i myself don't believe you will get more traffic by adsense although many people do not relise that there front page (the one they submit to search engines) should have a catching introduction and all your key word's , now im not saying just put key word's on your front page , you got to embed them into your introduction. Make a good introduction and fill your site full of interesting content ,submit your link to a few search engine's and do what these people have said "Link Exchange" and you should have great traffic :)

i don't believe you will get more traffic by adsense or any other ads.Exchange your link. add your site url to msn, yahoo, altavista, lycos, google, northernlights, etc(famous search engines).Goggle adsense is an affilate program.

well offcouse do sum seo on it and submit it too google.com and other search engines! But also i treid an experiment 1 time and i think that really google put sites with google ads more on top then sites without google ads as search results on google,mayby so there sure they make mo money lol ! :P;):)

having google ads on your pages will certainly help but not improve your SERP.the google bots will crawl your site more frequently to update the ads that are displayed that is it you will not gain SERP.to gain SERP get lots ok link backs from other sites.

I agree with what the others have been saying: putting google ads on your pages won't increase web traffic to your site but what it will do is help you generate a little extra revenue, which most definately isn't a bad thing at all. If I were you I would go for it, but don't put too many ads on your site as visitors may get angered by all of the ads and lack of content. You can then use your extra money from google to buy a domain of whatever else you may need and advertise your site and those two things will help increase traffic to your site. Good luck and let us know if you need any help or if you have any more questions!

I against any advertising, I try to hang up as small as possible banners, basically counters of visitings

Sometimes, integrating a banner well is 100 times more effective than placing a large amount of banners on one page. For example, you could put a banner close to a link, so that people either "misclick" (which isn't really a breach of terms) or think that the banner is part of your site. I think strategy is better than brute force (putting banners on every single page with 3 popups etc.)

Good ideas you have there Dooga, although i personally arent to keen on ads i did put some banners of my test site that had a hit counter. Many people misclicked and after a month i got quite a few visitors to my test site. This shows that ads are pretty effective but some times they can be very annoying, especially those that flash thousands of different colours every second! (I apologise to those Americans about the way that i spell colour or color it is because i am Australian) But the type of ad i like most are the ones where you have to shoot the target and they entice you into doing so by offering you a "free" item. One day i hope to make one of those myself.

I had few sites for a while. I used to look at the raw logs forthe visitore. I found that more number of people visited my sites before I put ads on it. Most likely we tell our friend circle about our new sites. They contribute max in popularising it. When they come to beleive that the site is going to be a commercial venture, it repels them somehow. Even if one of my friend sends me link for his/her website to visit and review, and has ads on it, my first impression would be that the person is cheating, and showing site to popularise it and to make money. All the efforts in making the site go overlooked.

So, in my opinion, fist it would be better for a person to start plain site, do some seO work, submit to search engines, f possible use google or other adwords to advertise it. If the contents on the site is unique or relevant to visitors, I dont know, why shouldn't a site become popular?

By saying popular means there should be atleast 100 unique visitors per day. It takes time and efforst and a little bit of imagination. Say you start streaming music on your site, or add your own pictures as gallery. Some sceneries, wallpapers blabla... Why does one visit a site? To get nformation, greed to have some stuff/ or as a hobbyist.

In contrary to the statement by Guardian,

keywords and content eg,and make sure there are lots of new contents to be published days.and the page better to be the html page but not php or asp page.

I would say it is more relevant approach to have a news portal or something with RSS/cms syndicated feeds. People are more crazy about news and information. Search engines index news portal much easier and frequently than static html pages. Community blogs and forum generate lots of hits. These give a higher page ranking for your page, provided you do some more homework, like meta tagging your pages.

I hope, this would be helpful to dvalkass.

Many internet advertisements have proved to be a failure. I don't understand why people still invest in it. People just don't care about it. Sometimes, internet advertisements are just plain annoying! Admit it, none of you guys actually take time to click an advertisement link, and you actually took the time to read it! I know I wouldn't. Everybody knows the "CLICK HERE TO GET A FREE IPOD!" links are just pure scam. Advertisements in the internet (as most people think) have turned into negative advertisements, and most people will think of it as a scam.