xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hbk2006

Half Life

hm but either way a forum for it would be good .

Steam is a game launcher and also a way of getting game officaly but cheaper.

202977[/snapback]

i personally do not like steam, at all...

ever since it came out it made the games run slower, for sure.

Back when i used to play on my p3 866, i could run that game smoothe and perfect, then when steam came out, i could no longer play the game... now that i have a new comp, i can play it(the new one) and i do have it, i just dont like it becuse their are too many hackers...

my fav of all time game is battlefield 1942/2

i just dont like it becuse their are too many hackers...

203085[/snapback]

Actually, Steam has significantilly reduced the number of cheaters, especially in counter strike source and the original CS. The prospect of a permanent ban truly discriminates many from attempting it at all.

Actually, Steam has significantilly reduced the number of cheaters, especially in counter strike source and the original CS. The prospect of a permanent ban truly discriminates many from attempting it at all.

203118[/snapback]

uhhhh... i dont know how long it tookt hem to come out with vac2, or their latest vac, the one after the release of source, but it took roughly a year or more? i mean come on, i go and purchase the game a month after it is officially released, i go on, i get a bucnh of servers with allready hackers flooding the game.... i wait and wait and wait for steam to do somethign about it, then i finally gave up on it after about 6 months or so... it kinda put my hopes down on the game, and the company itself, the lack of support you get from them after they release a game. It's as if they release a free to play game, and dont bother to do any updates or prevention of hacks because they allready sold the game and have your money...

Steam has done what it hoped to achieve: it has brought together a package of related, but disorganized games, and presented them in a fairly simple manner for the consumer. It's true that it is a little demanding on system requirements, and it does have it's flaws, but Steam is where many PC games are going to be going in the future, like it or not.I think steam can recover from its flaws, and it already has to some extent. Consider the earlier versions of steam and the current version--it is improving.Anyway, as for a half-life dedicated forum, I personally don't think it's necessary. There doesn't seem to be much swamping of this forum with half-life related threads, and if you give one game a forum, then the halo fans/blizzard fans/any other fans will all want their own forums. It can get really subdivided and end up looking desolate and hard to navigate.just my two cents. :P