xisto Community
Cerb

Which Ring For Christmas? Help me decide, ladies

Which ring in the following post do you prefer?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For Christmas I'm planning on getting my girlfriend a simple, yet nice looking, diamond ring. I personally prefer rings number two and three, with five being my least favorite. But, rather than just going with my instinct, I figured I would ask some of the ladies here which they would prefer if it was them recieving the gift. Also, if you happen to not like any of the choices above, tell me why. If you have any suggestions as to other rings that look similar to the ones above in style, please post a link to them.

Here they are:

Ring 1: Posted Image

Ring 2: Posted Image

Ring 3: Posted Image

Ring 4: Posted Image

Ring 5: Posted Image

The fourth one.

The first and the fifth are too simple, the third is, I think, too.. much? Almost too big. And I like the setting and the stone in the fourth one more than the second..

Hope she likes it :P

well even though im a guy (straight) i go either 1 or 4 I was going ot add 5, but when it comes to cleaning it a little harder IMO.

i am a guy, but i vote for #2, as it is the most unique of them all. Yes the stone setting could be better in #2, but, overall, it is the most unique. Personally i think uniqueness counts the most when getting someone a gift, they love you that much more for it!

Haha, I am a guy too (and straight, just like Saint_Michael). I would go for number one; I guess I like the simplistic look and am not a big fan of the big shiny ones that often have too much to show than they really have. Plus, the simple one would go with everything. (wow, I can't believe I just said that, not that there's anything wrong with it...)

Hi:Well, they are all beautiful rings. But I do have one thought, you may want to consider. Usually diamond rings are engagement rings. If you give her a ring, without some kind of indication beforehand, she may open it and believe it is an engagement ring or proposal.Ring 3 looks least like an engagement ring. But any of the others, she might think you are proposing marriage. And once she thinks it is an proposal or engagement ring, you will have a very sticky situation to get out of. Even with ring 3, she may think it is a marriage proposal or engagement ring..Unless, of course, it is an engagement ring.Sunkist

Well, being as we are both 15, confusing it for an engagement ring would be quite a feat. I do feel, though, that a ring is appropriate, as we have been together for 3 years now, and the relationship shows no sign of slowing down. I'm certainly not saying that we are to be married, because predicting something such as that would be silly, but it's definately an appropriate gift.Also, where are you from? Diamond rings don't seem to be associated only with marriage in my area (mid US).

Well, I actually didn't decide on any of these rings. I've found one at a local jewelry shop that I instantly realized was the one I wanted. It's 14K white gold with a pearl set in the center and about 1/4 carat diamond t.w. on the sides. Two similar rings can be seen below, as I couldn't find a picture of the exact ring. It did go over my original budget somewhat, but it's certainly worth it, and I'm sure that she will enjoy it to the utmost.

The first image represents it best because it has diamonds to the side of the pearl, but the second picture shows the color that the pearl is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow.. those are pretty ^^!But, actually, what prompted me to reply, more than that, was that.. you're 15? You type so well / seem so mature for your age ^^(Although maybe I did, too.. I'm 19, now, and 15 seems so young o.o XD)Good luck with your relationship, though.. and you seem to have picked out a lovely gift ^^

Wow.. those are pretty ^^!But, actually, what prompted me to reply, more than that, was that.. you're 15? You type so well / seem so mature for your age ^^
(Although maybe I did, too.. I'm 19, now, and 15 seems so young o.o XD)

Good luck with your relationship, though.. and you seem to have picked out a lovely gift ^^

I get the maturity thing often, actually. I think it's my hate for people that are not that causes me to be. Thanks for the compliment, though. And, thanks for the "good luck" referring to my relationship. I don't necessarilly expect us to be together forever. But being looked down upon because I have such a serious relationship at my age tends to make me angry.

I don't necessarilly expect us to be together forever. But being looked down upon because I have such a serious relationship at my age tends to make me angry.

206027[/snapback]

Yeah, I remember that feeling.. ^^

Hehe.. my little sister is 13 now, and starting to date.. it's fun to watch o.o